Chris Brown wants to be traded ?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

funny thing is...

we havent heard henry say one thing this offseason, i can almost bet he's in the best shape of his life and is hungry to go into camp and prove his worth, lets not forget his days in buffalo where he was a VERY good back for them...pro bowl atleast once...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Prove what? That he can stay on the field? He'd easy had 300 carries if he didn't go down so often last season. Look at his numbers the last two seasons. Don't you think he'd been given 300 carries if he'd been on the field? He hasn't even cracked 225 so far in his career.

Like most RBs in the league, Brown will probably always share carries. But since he's the #1 now, he'll play as long (and as much) as he is effective and can stay healthy.

He's the man NOW. It's his job to lose. It's not like he's #2 or #3 on the depth chart. What does he have to prove? He's the teams best option and will remain so if he is effective. If he goes somewhere else, that's where he'd have to prove himself.

Based on what? Fisher said last year he'll go with the back who is hot. If Brown is effective, he'll get the carries. If not, he doesn't deserve to be on the field. And we'll see Henry or White. May the best back win.

You're saying Fisher will pull Brown in the middle of a close game where he's ripping apart the defense just to get a look at Henry or White? Both of those guys will get their work when Brown needs a blow or mop up time.

Yet he already has done that. Everything I've read has said Brown is the #1.

If Henry or White is more effective than Brown, then they should get the work. But it looks to me that Brown rules his own destiny. If he can stay healthy and effective, he'll stay on the field and rack up the numbers. By asking for a trade, it looks to me that Brown is a bit concerned he'll be able to handle the competition.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

he's a bit concerned because he saw how lendale looked towards the end of mini-camp....

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

ahhh just stay in tennessee chris! No reason to even let him go at all....henry is passed his days and White needs more time to develope and hasn't played an NFL game yet.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yet this "pretty good" back thinks he's deserving of a big contract without making more than 225 carries in any given season throughout his career because of injury issues.

Henry was brought in because the Titans couldn't count on Brown staying on the field. They still can't.

Brown wants feature back money and won't get it from the Titans or anyone else until he proves he can stay on the field. But he totally controls his own destiny as far as his next contract is concerned as long as he is effective and stays healthy. He'll get the big payday whether it is with the Titans or another team. Until then, he is a better than average RB who doesn't have any leverage to get a new contract and just needs to prove his value on the field.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i wouldn't say henry is past his days...

in the 2 years before buffalo brought in mcgahee, henry put up 1438 yards 13 TD's and 1356 yards 10 TD's

he just needs the chance to get the carries again, he can be very good...

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm taking into consideration that Brown is gone by then

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

VInce Young and LenDale White start Week 8 @ HOME vs. Houston ! BABY !

coming off the bye - against possibly our easiest opponent
    Immediately after the BYE

seems like a good time to pull the trigger

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Chris has never been a power runner. Maybe his new 10 lbs will help him (and may slow him down). But I don't see how anyone can watch him and say he runs with authority. That and his health issues are pretty major problems.....oh and fumbling a little too often.

Brown has not proven to be an elite back. I think he can be above average with better blocking. But if he wants to be paid like a proven #1, then I hope Floyd can get a sweet trade worked out.

Hey I like the guy, but we shouldn't treat him like he's a superstar.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How do you know? I haven't heard anything about what he's asking for, please enlighten me. I don't think it's a question of money, I think it's a question of job security. As a running back I would not want to go out and risk my health without knowing if I have a job after the season is over.

Of course not, but if you're the coach and he hits a couple of 1, 2, -1 yard runs (as all RB's do) and you have Henry and White on the bench, could resist spelling him? In the end that means less carries, less yards and worse avg. for Brown.

You don't need to be Jerome Bettis or Jamal Lewis to run with authority. Brown isn't afraid to go up the middle and he doesn't shy away from tacklers, if that's not running with authority I don't know what is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar