Chris Brown poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 27, 2006.

?

What to do with Chris Brown

Poll closed Aug 3, 2006.
  1. Sign him to an extension ASAP, while he's cheap.

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Wait. Let's see his game. Sign at last minute prior to '06 season.

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Wait until 2006 season is over.

31 vote(s)
    57.4%
  4. You tell me.

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

trade him now while we can.

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Brown is our most complete RB right now, when healthy. That's the big issue, obviously. I don't put all the third and short on Brown, either. He got hit in the backfield almost as soon as he got the ball on most of those plays. That's on the OL.

Brown can block, he can run screens, he can catch passes, he can scoot through small holes. I think he's a nice back to have on the roster. But I'd wait until we see if he can stay healthy and sign him before 06 is over if he has managed to stay healthy. HOWEVER, if Reese really did offer him a 3 year deal worth 10 mill, and Brown turned it down, then I'm not sure we can afford to offer him what his agents are telling him he is worth.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Second

IMO Brown shold take the 3 year, 10 mil deal. He could play lights out and get a better deal or he could have a poor injury riddled year and get less. Either way the numbers seem fair.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I say we wait until the end of the year. I'd rather not take the risk on him now. We'll have plenty of cap space next year if we want to keep him (or sign someone else) and I don't want to see us tie up a significant amount in an injury prone running back. Our roster is thick there.

Lendale is a given for 07, let's just let Henry and Brown have a 16 game audition to see who else sticks.

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

there is no trade him option?

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's "you tell me" ... I've already had too much Chris Brown heartache...
    Just like Steve McNair... I'd get all nervous whenever he took a shot... I've got no use for him even if he does look good at times. I'm so sick of waiting on players (Titans) to breakout and be ok. I just would rather have a really darn good running back as opposed to a 6'2" question mark in pads and a jock.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

SEC, welcome to everyone else's experience of the NFL. George spoiled us. Most teams have to put up with an injury here and there with their RBs. Brown is injured more than many, I grant, but it's likely that we will never see another back like George on this team.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know if people are demanding to see another george, they just want someone with A LITTLE toughness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar