Chris Brown poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 27, 2006.

?

What to do with Chris Brown

Poll closed Aug 3, 2006.
  1. Sign him to an extension ASAP, while he's cheap.

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Wait. Let's see his game. Sign at last minute prior to '06 season.

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Wait until 2006 season is over.

31 vote(s)
    57.4%
  4. You tell me.

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

So many threads about Chris' future. So many rumors of trades. So many injuries. So many flashes of one heck of a good RB. Chris is in his last year and wants an extension. OK Couch Coaches, what are we going to do?

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

He has potential but it's overshadowed by his constant injuries. I say we wait out his last season and see what happens.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd go in the middle, try to work out his contract before the season is over, based on what we're seeing. We start to lose leverage quickly at the end of the season.

4. fitantitans

Believe it or not, I'm a fan of Chris Brown, but I don't trust him. I don't trust his health. Chris was injury prone while in Colorado which was why he fell so far into the draft. The Titans took a chance on him and for what we have paid for him, I guess we got our monies worth but I wouldn't spend much more. I veiw Chris as a good 2nd behind a starter, but not as a starter himself. Sort of like Bennett, he's good, but not a starter. Bennett played better as a #2.
    Signing Brown to long term might cause problems down the road. How soon do we want LenDale to start?
    Brown is still injury prone, he has done nothing to prove otherwise.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

You have to wait until next year to do anything with him. The potential of LenDale is to great to not take notice and give him plenty of chances to prove his worth this season. And Chris is to much of a liability with the injury bug. Wait. If he comes cheap after ths year as a back up sign him but no way will we pay him #1 money.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

LenDale will be starting by week 8

7. Unless they don't like what they see from LenDale, there's no reason at all to re-sign Brown.

8. fitantitans

There's another way to look at these 3 RBs, all three of them have to prove something this year. Chris and Travis are in a contract year. If their play doesn't get better from last year, well, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
    LenDale, if not the starter by October, will have to play his heart out to guarantee him the starting position in 2007.
    This camp, this pre-season and this regular season should be very interesting to watch. The first one to get hurt, the other two will eat him alive!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Assuming White can give you 25 carries a game, the Titans would still need a change-of-pace guy. Chow would probably like someone in the mold of Bush who is a speed guy and is good for 10-15 carries and a receiving threat. Those guys are easier to find.

Unless White totally busts this season with a big injury or just doesn't get it done, I don't see Brown a Titan in '07.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Although Brown isn't the scat back type, he actually is a good 3rd down back. He is good at blocking, has good hands, and is excellent at running the draw play when he can see the lanes open up for the cut back.

I'd love to keep him and Lendale as our #1 and #2 backs and then have our #3 RB be the scat back type.

Concerning the question of the thread, personally I'd wait to see how he does early this yr and then try to sign him to a deal mid-yr. Hopefully Brown will see that the best thing for him long term is to be in a place where he can split carries and be put in positions to do the things that he does well. While avoiding the things that he struggles with i.e. short yardage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar