Chris Brown is made out of foam egg crate boxes and pipe cleaners, I swear...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 17, 2007.

?
  1. No, this is a meaningless, isolated happening

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Yes, this seems all to familiar

29 vote(s)
    80.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

Eddie set my expectations on our feature back pretty high. I guess i'm still looking, well hoping for another feature back like him. Take the bulk of the load, stay healthy and protect the ball for the most part. I'm not a real big fan of the running back by committee especially when we have someone like VY with all his scrambling ability. McNair and Eddie seemed to compliment each other just right in all aspects, we need to find the back who will compliment Vince the best.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

We had him in Travis but let him go.. Look at him now having a monster year at Denver with his 5 yard avg...

"Its not the RB that matters", said most members. "Its our O-LIne"
    Bullcrap...

i might have been one of them..lol

3. Kbvytenn5310

Kbvytenn5310 Guest

I was very impressed with Henry but his off the field issues were my main worry. I haven't heard any updated information on the positive drug test they have on him and the possible suspension. He is tearing it up for Denver now though.

4. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

As a CU fan, this doesnt shock me. This started many many moons ago in Boulder.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

It's pronounced Fra-jill-Ay

[​IMG]

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We need to get out of this faux eddie mentality. That is 2 draft picks now used on a back who was supposed to be the new eddie. Brown was tall like eddie, lendale was powerback like eddie. What we could have used was more speed and quickness. Many of the top RBs over the last decade are little guys. Tiki barber, warrick dunn, curtis martin.

The top three rushers all time in rushing yards are not big guys. Emmitt, payton, sanders. Faulk was not a big guy, neither was thurman thomas. Smaller backs actually are more durable and have greater longevity than the big backs. Barry sanders was 5'8 205 lbs and averaged 1500 yards a season for 10 years!

I would love to have a guy like hart or rice on this team. Shake us out of this moronic mentality that we have to have an eddie like back..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Keeping henry was obviously the best thing if only to prevent us from drafting a back with our 2nd rd pick. :rolleyes: I bet he is able to appeal this drug thing out long enough to last most of this year.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Tide so you as GM would have paid what was it an 8 million $$ roster bonus and or signed Travis "Bong hit" Henry to a 30 Mill. $$$ contract. Not signing him was maybe the best move the Titans made during the off season. I will admit to this point LW has yet to show himself to be the "future" of the Titans running game and don't get me started about CB, but I promise Denver is regretting signing Puff n' stuff now and will really when he is serving that year suspension.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes big TT i would have paid travis his $8M. He played great in 06 and his total cap hit through his contract was reasonable. It's easy for me to say because it is not my $8M but had we done that we would have gone elsewhere with that 2nd rd pick. Not sure where but it would have been someone more useful than the guy we got.

Note, not paying the $8M was bud adams decision i'm sure since it is his money..

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

By the way..

I could personally care less if some football player lights up. I would almost be more upset knowing a player smokes camels than weed. As long as someone smokes in the privacy of their home and doesn't drive under the influence or use it around kids i really don't care. It only comes into play here because the league disproves of it and suspends players for it.

I think we have pretty solid evidence based on henry's performance this year that a person can indulge as recreation and still perform at a high level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar