Chris Brown is made out of foam egg crate boxes and pipe cleaners, I swear...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 17, 2007.

?
  1. No, this is a meaningless, isolated happening

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  2. Yes, this seems all to familiar

29 vote(s)
    80.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    So here we are entering week 7 and big surprise... Chris Brown is on the training table... thus setting the stage for Chris Henry against Houston in week 7.
    If Chris Henry were made of foam egg crate and pipe cleaners he would look something about like this guy...
    [​IMG]
    who happens to be bat. In case you didn't know, Bats have no vision... they are blind. Maybe they can outfit this kids helmet with some kind of rudimentary sonar equipment. Other than that he hasn't a prayer. Hopefully during his time on the practice squad he's developed some semblance of pass block skills. Everybody can just relax. Fisher isn't about to put anyone in there who can't do it... that's really what stings about the Chris Brown thing. He was the best pass blocker of the three.

This thread is really about Chris Brown's durability which is reason for major concern in my book. It wasn't very long ago, I, like many of you were signing high praises to "1st down Brown" after week 1. Well, the honeymoon is over. I'm not even going to hang the fumble thing on Brown either. I put that on Young...

But what's up Chrissy? Why are you hurt again? Why isn't Tennessee going out and getting great running backs? Why are we always trying to grow our own? Where is my Adrian Peterson? I really don't want to sit here and try to say that our best running back is weak sauce year in and year out because of our non-effectual passing game.

I'm sick of Chow and the way this organization selects douche running backs. I want to see some normal looking pass routes. I've got pubes longer than most of Chow's pass routes. Chris Brown, quit being a wuss, running lanky or falling down too hard, or whatever it is YOU DO TO GET YOURSELF HURT.

Chris, you are in a great position. You can out perform the starter and get a big contract as a back-up somewhere else. (because you know there is no way in hell they are going to hang onto you) All you have to do is play healthy! It's so frustrating to get up the emotion to cheer for your soft self.

Poll attached asks whether you feel injury is a serious issue with Chris Brown.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Didn't Gage catch a 42-yarder?

Got scissors? :eek:

:lol:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

most Jeff. most of them.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wish I had a pube, period. But back to Chris - the porcelain doll - Brown...

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:ha:
    Quality rant Jay! Great stuff.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I personally don't like the Bandaid Kid. Too many injuries. Chris doesn't like the Titans, (last year he asked to be traded). Chris agreed to come back because no one else would take him. If he comes back and has a good year, his value might go high enough to attract some takers. If he fails, he's done.
    I can't believe the FO didn't fill our RB needs prior to having to take Chris. IMO, he was their only choice.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah.. I can't see Chris in a Titans jersey next year...

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I don't picture him in anyones uniform next year.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I love CB as a change-up back, but we all knew he'd miss a few games this year from injury. I see this as a potentially good thing - it's not in the Titan's interest for their best back to be the oldest guy. We've got 1st and 2nd year backs, both taken in the 2nd round. One of those needs to step up. We've generally seen what LW can do, and with CBs injury we'll be "forced" to see what CH can do. This is where the competition starts - the race is between White and Henry, and it will go for the rest of the year.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I was waiting for the hate Brown posters to come out after his injury. I was also expecting all the piling on stupid stuff like "Chris doesn't like the Titans" garbage. I'm sure we will here more crap about Brown being "soft" even though his injuries have been legit. And, I'm not going to even try to defend Brown's injury history because that is obviously an issue for him.

I will say this however. Brown was at least hurt being tackled. Why not start a thread about "girly" man Young. Hurt himself running out of bounds. Zero contact. After all, that wuss Manning hasn't missed a game his whole career and even played after breaking his jaw in one game. Young hasn't even been running with the ball hardly this year (like a girly man?). Running out of bounds to avoid any manly action he comes up lame. No contact! What should we say about that? Heck, Young has hardly played a full 16 game schedule of games in the NFL and already it looks like he might miss some action. Keep in mind Young doesn't play RB. He isn't getting pounded every play he has the ball like a RB. Maybe Young isn't any tougher than CB. Just a thought.

Oh, we might miss Brown more this game if he doesn't play than we would miss Young. I mean what is the big deal with worrying if Young plays. His yards per pass play is the same as last year, he has twice as many ints as TDs (last year they were about equal) and he contributes a whopping 25 yards per game with his legs (only 4.0 YPC average). Besides, there is a real good chance if he plays he will hurt himself even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar