Chow Wants Shot at Cardinals Head Coaching Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans OC Norm Chow interviewed Monday with the Cardinals as one of seven candidates for the vacancy created when Dennis Green was fired last week. "I have never sat around aspiring to be one,” Chow said. “I was taught a long time ago there are two types of assistant coaches: Those that aspire to be head coaches and those are content to do what they are doing. There is a need for both, one is no better than the other, and there is nothing wrong with either one. I have chosen to work as hard as I could. However this opportunity has presented itself to at least be a chance to be one and it is something I would really look forward to."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good for him..

He did a good job for us and certainly got the most out of vince young. I know leinert would love to have him there.

Chow would be the first asian american head coach in a profession in which asians are few. I hope he gets it.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't begrudge him the job but I think the Cardinals would be a bad team to start off his career as a HC.

His chances of success wouldn't be great given the number of other guys who've tried & failed with the Cards already.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

After suffering through Green's tirades, they may want a more laid back, down to earth coach. ESPN reported two players from the O and D are actually involved in the interview process. If he does get the job, it will be interesting to see if we lose any other coaches to them.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

OK, lets just say Chow does get the Cards job. Where do the Titans look for the replacement OC?

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

the Dinger!

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think Arizona would be making a mistake to hire anyone with an offensive background, with the playmakers they've got there, a decent OC could get them playing well. Their defense, on the other hand, needs a lot of improvement, I think they need to bring in a HC with a defensive background who can do a complete overhaul of their defensive system, then get a decent OC and they should be alright.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Duplicate post..sorry, but should've wrote this here:

I say let him go. I didn't see much at all from him since he's been here. Talk about overhyped. The Titans success was ALL V.YOUNG improvising, he didn't teach him to scramble.

Good luck and I hope you have fun with inept Arizona. Will be nice to see him struggle in the desert. It can get REAL HOT out there if you know what I mean.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That sounds good to me but Shanahan and Fisher are pals... Fisher wouldn't try to steal his guy, even if he is our old guy... I don't know. Shanahan already canned Larry Coyer. He'd really have to go off the deep end to fire both coordinators. I'd think that Shanahan wants some sense familiarity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar