Chow Not Chosen for Cards Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

:beerbang: :woohoo: :koolaid: :banana:

2. TommyTitan

TommyTitan Guest

I am glad to see several of you agree that Chow staying will help continue Vince's growth. Next, hope we can get a great hire for that GM position.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Whatever, everyone keeps raving about how Chow has helped Vince soooo much, and I think it's just the opposite, Before VY took over no one was saying anything about our Offense. Not saying that he hasn't helped VY at all, I'm just saying that Vince has equally helped Chow look good. Let's not forget some of the befuttled play calling Chow did during the season. I personally would not have been disappointed to see him go. He needs to do a better job a playcalling, hence, his official job title "Offensive Coordinator", not Quaterback Coach. I believe that there is someone else doing that job, and he's not getting hardly any credit. In fact, I would have loved to see him go, and a more dynamic play caller come in. This is not USC. We did not have a back we can throw a five yard screen play and in turn into a 60 yard TD. Basically, he needs to get more vertical with his playcalling. More Creative and less conservative. Just my two cents/observations.

4. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Pete Carroll told Fisher he would never find a better playcaller. ... Craig Johnson is the QB coach and if you haven't noticed, he has been getting credit. As the OC, Chow supervises Johnson. All the assistant coaches on offense work for Chow, hence his title of OC.

The Titans don't have the personnel for a vertical passing game. Chow would be pretty stupid trying to run plays that don't fit the talent.

When I see the Titans spreading the defense with four WRs/TEs, then running a draw play off misdirection from the shotgun, I think that's pretty creative. But that's just my opinion.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Craig Johnson is getting SOME of the credit, not alot. Chow is being hailed as a QB guru of some sorts.

I honestly believe, that we never had a deep passing crew as far as speed goes but Dinger still made them throw it deep, and with success. Let's see, humm....D. Mase= good, Justin McCareins=good, Drew Bennett=Average, Ty Calico=fast, Kevin Dyson=Good. I believe that we currently have our fastest corp of WR's than we've ever had, so why not try to wing it......Con-Ser-Va-Tive.

I agree, that is pretty creative, except when it is on 3rd and 12, and you've run that play four times already. His conservative play calling is what I most have beef with, rather than the lack of creativity. Because let's be real, there are no plays in the NFL, that hasn't been run. They all copy from each other. My boy is a big SC fan, and consequently I have watched a number of their games with him. The plays Chow are running are the same plays that he ran in College, no different, except we don't have a Reggie Bush type back, nor a Mike Willaims (college, not pro version), or Jarred type receiver, so the plays are not as successful. I, like many others have watched every Titans game this season, and I can't tell you how many times during the ball game that Chow started the game, by running the ball two staright times, leaving it a third and long, which more times than not, we ended up punting (unless VY, worked it and got us a 1st down). This assisted us in playing from behind. He then only changed some of his play calling due to us being down on the score board. There were so many times that we were playing from behind, instead of coming out at the bell swinging. Some think rookie QB=Conservative, let him manage a game, instead of pressing and him losing it for us. I agree to an extent, but that's the same formula DC's are coming to the table with in game planning, sooooo, switch it up every now and then, hence the "Creative Part", in his play calling not the plays per se.

6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I see what you're saying, Zell, and we agree on a few things. Two things I don't agree with you on is the vertical passing game and play calling.

As far as Chow starting the game by running, that's Fisher. And if you want to have a good running game, you have to start establishing it in the first quarter. Let the O-linemen have double-digit runs called in the first quarter, if possible, and they can start to dominate the LOS for the rest of the game.

That's vintage Fisherball, the kind he enjoyed with Eddie, and the kind many fans called boring. But it won games. And Chow's game plan has to be approved by Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar