Chow Not Chosen for Cards Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans OC Norm Chow will remain in his current position as the Cardinals named Steelers OC Ken Whisenhunt as their coach today. "It would have been nice to be a head coach, to have that opportunity," Chow said. "But the disappointment lasted about 10 seconds for me. I have a great job, and I’m awfully excited to have an opportunity to work more with Vince and try and help him take his game to the next level." Chow was one of eight candidates to interview for Arizona job.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TommyTitan

TommyTitan Guest

I am glad that Norm will be back again. I think he can take Vince to another level in his growth to make the most of his immence talents at quarterback. I think next year, we will see even a bigger offensive package as Vince matures with Norm at the helm.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

me too, i was really nervous that he would get the job in arizona, not that i dont want him to go on and be a head coach and all that, but i think him leaving now would set Vince back maybe...but now thats hes staying i a relieved

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Y'all make some good points...hmmm....

:hang:

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I don't think Vince would drop off as much as a lot of people were saying, but I do think Chow can help him drastically improve his game, and I'm kinda glad that we don't have to find out whether or not Vince would drop off without Chow

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm kinda hoping Vince will help Chow.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I'm definately looking forward to the two of them working better together in the second year, just so you guys know, here are his stats at Texas in his first and second years starting:

2004: 148/250 (59.2%) for 1849 yards passing and 1079 yards rushing on 167 attempts
    2005: 212/325 (65.2%) for 3036 yards passing and 1050 yards rushing on 155 attempts

Basically, his passing numbers improved drastically (almost doubling) while his rushing numbers stayed about the same, I would love to see that happen in his second year here, and I think it's definately doable.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

There's definitely some good things ahead... especially since Vince will have an entire offseason to work with his recievers and get a better grasp of Chow's system.

9. Thank God we still have Chow. There's none better than having a PhD in Educational Psychology as a tutor for the young player.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

glad Chow will be back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar