Chow is Safe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRob, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRob

BigRob Guest

www.profootballtalk.com

Mike Sherman is set to be announced as the new Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals. This sites info can be shakey, but they usually get these types of rumors correct. Believe what you want.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

hmm....I guess Leinart doesn't have much pull over there yet

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm pretty relieved, actually. Not that Norm Chow doesn't deserve a head coaching job somewhere, but I don't want Vince to have to learn a new system... that would just hinder his development right now.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Hey, there are still how many HC vacancies? we've survived two so far, but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets looks from almost every team with a spot.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's the double-edged Catch22 thing
    do you want Vince to fully digest a sub-par offensive scheme and then begin all over again a year or two down the road

or start from scratch now, since he's barely proficient with half of it

it' a tough call
    personally, if Chow is going anywhere, which he probably is, I'd want Vince to get the new OC now, as opposed to a few more years down the road once he's fitted into Chow's scheme

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I tend to agree with that Puck. I don't really care a whole lot for Chow's scheme.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

9. Nash

Nash Starter

Have we really seen Chow's scheme?? We need him to correct VY's mechanics this off season and improve his weaknesses, build a game plan around what VY does well plus a solid running game, and lastly teach Vince how to use that package against a variety of defenses..

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This is a bit premature. PFT recants.

"John Czarnecki of FOXSports.com reports that the Arizona Cardinals were poised to hire Texans assistant Mike Sherman on Thursday, but that Sherman asked for a salary of $4 million per year."

It goes on to say they were right that the Cards selelcted Sherman, but his salary demands made the hunt go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar