Chow doesn't want Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good work Jeff. Now does this mean you can't be on Cutler's PR team?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy. I contacted someone with the LA Times and have a local guy for Cutler. I'm thinking we have enough time between now and the draft to do interviews on all three.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Jeff, your hard work is appreciated. Thanks.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm in awe Jeff. Membership has it's privilages.
    After that post I think I'm ready to buy the T-shirt. :brow:

5. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

I say Bush goes #1 for sure, be it to Texas ot whoever trades for the pick. Leinart #2, I heard Archie Manning already told him to look him up when he gets to New Orleans. #3 i think is the most interesting pick because it starts really being where you will see teams have probably atleast 3 scenarios. There is Vince Young who had a amazing game in the Rose Bowl, but hasn't really had any positive press since then and alot of negative press honestly. Young has put alot of pressure on himself to have an amazing Pro Day, and the bad thing is Cutler had a great Senior Bowl, Combine, and still has a Pro Day left to impress people even more. Cutler who has had very little press, outside of Tennessee, but has amazed alot of Scout, Mike Maylock on the NFL Network gushes about him constantly. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, #3 pick seems a little early to take a Offensive lineman but he could be just what the Titans need to prolong Steve McNairs career, a bit more protection. I don't really see them going after a RB, TE, or WR with this pick but a Defensive pickup wouldn't be too far of a streak, though i think the first 2 options are more likely.

While trying to get more combine info i ran across this so i'll post what Norm Chow said about Young than the link so everyone can read the whole thing (the snippet is all they had on Chows comments on Young)

"I've seen tapes on him and obviously he's a very good athlete," Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow said of Young. "Until you get to know him better, you'd be crazy to make those kinds of statements [about where he ranks]. I don't know enough about him, … Not only what you see, you have to get a feel for him – what he understands, what he knows, what he doesn't know."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-combine022306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And that quote was reported as "The other word is that Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow also has serious reservations about Young's ability to run his system. There also are rumblings about a low Wonderlic test grade."

This thread has now run full circle. :brow:

7. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

I dunno there is so many teams/media outlets hyping all these players, I think it honestly comes down to who can play in your system since alot of colleges tailor schemes to support their talent but NFL teams look for talent to support there schemes.

I think Young with either be another Steve McNair (excellent QB) or a Mike Vick (someone whos never lived up to their own hype, but done pretty well). If he goes to the Titans i am hoping for the first option, if the Jets or someone else take him i hope for the later option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar