Chow a Candidate for Cardinals Head Coach Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Arizona Cardinals are expected to seek permission to talk to Titans OC Norm Chow about their head coach position. Chow was listed along with other candidates to replace Dennis Green who was fired today. The Titans recently exercised the one-year option on Chow's contact, although Titans Coach Jeff Fisher would likely allow Chow to interview for a head coaching job. Chow coached Cardinals QB Matt Leinart when he was the OC at USC and is getting a lot of attention nationally for his work with Vince Young this season.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

He may leave
    and Chief Red Hat can go too (I know, dead horse and all)

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I doubt there is a real interest for Chow in Arizona. His NFL resume is thus far unimpressive.

Jim Mora would be a better fit.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

then maybe Chow can go to Atlanta :brow:

5. maximus

maximus Starter

I dont think he will leave, as was pointed out, his resume isnt good enough yet. Jimmy S. is a possibility, only because people are hiring Bellichecks 3rd cousins hoping that they can bring 3 rings to their city

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw,.... memories arise of discussion of Chow using the Titans as a springboard for a shot at a Head Coach position within a few years,.... and here it is

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The Bidwell family has a long-standing reputation of being cheap. When Dave McGinnis was the head coach, he had to pay for his wife's tickets out of his own pocket.

If tradition stands, expect Bill Bidwell to hire the cheapest man for the job, not the best one.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw,...... would Denny be a good OC here ?
    (maybe he could persuade Fitz to be a Titan :brow:)

9. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

chow just made it threw his 2nd yr with the titans and hes gonna leave now? ik it happens its the nfl and linerat would like to play for him again im sure but y would u leave the rookie of the yr vy? anyways i think it would be taking a step backwards if he left now. cause it usually takes a coach or even a player to get use to a new team and get in the flow of things. hes use to the nfl now and has a better understanding of what will work at this level. also this would hurt vince to switch coaches in his 2nd yr. i just dont like it, but if he does go im sure the fish will find a solid replacement. just cause hes the fish!

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Don't underestimate Leinarts pull. The going thing in the nfl is to create an offense around the qb, not the other way around. It is a perfect fit in that scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar