Chip Kelly?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That was the only reason I wanted Chip over Mularky in that other poll @5tweezyPOT made.

However, no guarantee they would hire someone better. For all we know they would hire Jeff Fisher or even worse, Josh McDaniels

2. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

What you said. Couldn't agree more. I like Mularkey- he's learning, and more importantly the players like playing for him. We haven't had that here in almost a decade. We also have a real GM for the first time in a decade, and JR isn't playing around. We have subpar receivers and a bad secondary. We weren't going far in the playoffs even if we made it. Still, 9-7 is respectable, and the future is bright. I can't wait to see what happens in this offseason.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Last year I said I would rather have Mularkey than Chip Kelly... and I HATED the Mularkey hire.

I was laughed at... Anyone still laughing?

Chip Kelly is an absolute joke.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. The Hammer

It was a small minority who liked Chip Kelly, most of us didn't want him

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. RTH

RTH Meh...

By like 2 people? Guys the majority of us didn't want Kelly.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well however many were laughing they were very vocal.

I don't think many wanted Kelly, but I think many more would've taken him over Mularkey.

I could also be confusing this with a few of my friends... because a few of them gave me sh*t for it.

7. The Hammer

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Chip has too much pride to be an NFL OC. Hell, it seems like he didn't even want to be in the NFL as an HC.

There's no way in hell, he'd be an OC in the NFL, and especially in Nashville.

Why do we even entertain these type of thoughts.

Kelly will sit out next year, then become the next FSU HC when Jimbo Fisher leaves to go to Michigan, when Harbaugh leaves to coach the Jets.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

if he's such a joke, why has he accomplished more than Mularkey as a head coach?

He had zero chance in San Fran. They've run themselves into the ground. Crazy how many young players just want to retire from that team. They've fired back to back coaches with 1 year of coaching. Krapernick is a joke. They are in the worst shape in the NFL. I can't imagine any coach doing much better there this season.

10. The Hammer

Too arrogant is more like it. I never understood what made Kelly so attractive to the NFL in the first place. Oregon was his first HC job at any level after being the OC for a few years. Before that he was the OC at New Hampshire for f_ck sake. Before that he held assistant jobs at schools like Columbia and John Hopkins.

Chip was in way over his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar