Chiefs & Titans Success? It's "Fisherball"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fishface would have preferred sundays game too have come down too a Bironas FG too win by 2 or a defensive stop inside the 2 min mark FTW

MM at least knows too put a team away when the chance is there

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The defense was horrible so I can't blame Fisher for handing the ball off to CJ. KFC was bad but he didn't trust VY.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

To avoid losing?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. avvie

"Game management" and "ball control" was the mantra for that season, but lets admit that a huge part of that season was a soft schedule.

5. TitanJeff

Change for change sake?

6. avvie

Are you only speaking specifically of this season re: Fisherball?...becaise I remember a lot of games lost due to the outlandishly predictable sitting upon of leads.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We have been playing similar... I tend to think the offense was moving toward more passing however. Letting Locker get in a rhythm and get comfortable before we just go all Chris Palmer. And he was doing that.

I think the difference is the understanding that passing leads to success in this passing era. They weren't tied to the run AS much but still leaned on it, like they should

8. TitanJeff

Fisher had a crazy good record of winning games where he took a lead into the fourth quarter.

9. avvie

There are more weak than strong opponents, I agree.

10. smili

smili Starter

This team reminds me very little of Fisherball since they allowed Jake to play QB in the last 2 games. The first 2 games seemed to be a bit closer to that, but not the last 2. This defense actually seems more risk-taking than Fisherball, but it could just be that we have the players on D to be effective now like we did back in the early years.

When I start seeing them running 3 ineffective running plays to set up a 45 yard field goal I'll reconsider. It seems to me they offense is trying more to score touchdowns than settle for field goals. Less concern over running clock in situations Fisher would almost always call a run. And on defense this is an attack defense that I'm not used to (except when we only rush 3 we're terrible).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar