Chiefs fire Edwards after 3 poor seasons (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Maybe Edwards isn't the answer but even with him there they would be improving drastically next season.

Coaching for the most part is overrated IMO. There is a lot of situations that occur that will decide whether a team is going to be bad or good and coaching isn't the most important part regarding that. Herm Edwards may not be a good coach but HE MADE THE DECISION TO START OVER with Carl Peterson (although I am wondering how much of this decision HE was part of) and hit the reset button on his team. Yes they were bad but they will be improving dramatically in the next couple of seasons.

By traiding Jared Allen and gaining all those picks he has started this franchise in the right direction. They are definitely going the right way. I think someone will come in there and inherit a mediocre team on the rise. Just my opinion. Things are on the rise for KC.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's not my rationale at all. Fisher had 4 playoff teams in 5 years and went to a super bowl. That is what saved him from the axe after his 2 losing seasons though after our 0-5 start in 06 i'm sure bud was sharpening the axe. Of course fisher never went 2-14 either.

My rationale is rational. Not one damn poster on this board said that the marinelli firing was unjust. Marinelli won one more game the last 2 years than edwards!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Coaches who have lost their jobs. Wins the last 2 years..

Grunden 18

Shanahan 13

Mangini 13

Marinelli 7

Edwards 6

The one guy that carpy and several others stand up for the one guy you are fighting to defend is the guy with the fewest wins? Why wasn't carpy defending shanahan who has won 7 more games the past 2 years who had lots of injuries to his defense and RBs? Or marinelli who inherited a team built by millen? Or gruden a coach who has had 3 straight winning seasons and still got fired!

What is the reason edwards is getting al this love? Why?

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Edwards is probably more suited to being a coordinator. He sucked as a head coach which is why is is gone. Just to add even more fuel to the fire included 1st and 2nd year coaches kicking some serious butt this year in Atlanta, Baltimore and Arizona. If Edwards is such a great HC we should see a number of teams rushing to aquire his services but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar