Chiefs fire Edwards after 3 poor seasons (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eTitan81, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

Another One Bites The Dust

Just seen on NFL.com that the Chiefs fired Herm Edwards. I had a feeling this was coming, it needed to with a 2-14 finish. Is it me or is there a lot of coaches losing their jobs this year. It is a year of CHANGE!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Change the Commissioner.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I wonder if he can find another job?

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Local radio is reporting Shanahan as his replacement.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder if they had Shanahan on board and then fired Edwards.

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Herm Edwards, the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs during the worst two-year span in team history, was fired Friday. Edwards goes out with a three-year regular-season record of 15-33 and with one year remaining on a four-year, $12 million contract. As head coach of the New York Jets in 2001-05, he had a regular-season mark of 39-41 and was 2-3 in the playoffs.

More...

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

At least one year overdue.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Everytime i see Edwards i cant help but think of this video,classic

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I would have kept him.

He made the tough decision and was willing to blow up the roster and re-build properly. His roster is loaded with talent now and is primed to improve over the next couple of years. They exceeded expectations this year in my view and I would have kept him around to finish the job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I agree with Carpy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar