Checking the Mock Drafts -- For Titans Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Can't take a two-down D-lineman 11th overall.

Should have taken Star Lotulelei last year and we wouldn't have this problem. Good thing we took a ****ing guard instead.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You can blame CJ and his 'needs everything to go right' type of run style for that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I just saw the first mock draft having the Titans take Hageman at #11. Interesting.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Epically stupid, unless he ends up being Bruce Matthews reincarnated.. (he won't.)

Stupid, Stupid choice.

Our first round selections have been mostly completely horrible since becoming the Titans.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Woofork was such a bad pick I had forgotten we drafted him.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really disagree with that unless Warmack is a bust.

He was a very safe pick that should be a quality starter for us for a decade. It's what you want when a coach's seat was as hot as Munch's.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I thought you wanted a difference-maker when you are on the hot seat. A decade from now doesn't matter when you are on the hot seat, that season is the most important to Munchak. A stud defensive player would have been a much stronger asset to him. Just about any of the players taken in the 1st round would have been more of an asset than Warmack was. Cooper was injured, so there is the exception.

A few more sacks, and they may have been a playoff team. A few more TDs, they may have been a playoff team. Took a guard, and they were equally as bad off as they were the year before.

Overall, Warmack is living proof of the reason why nobody ever takes guards in the high first round. Cooper gets a pass due to injury.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Munch wasn't making the draft picks.

Draft picks should not be about what you can do in year 1, but in the longterm. Otherwise VY was a major success as a draft pick.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Well, the "idea" was to fix the run game and be lethal on the ground. That's what I read into last year.

Boy did that fail.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I will further this....Yet ANOTHER reason and way that CJ screwed us the past few years. Lets face it, Warmack was not our pick last year if CJ wasn't making what he did, and crying about the Offensive Line. They paid BIG money for Levitre, and drafted Warmack and Schwenke, all for the guy that they just let go for nothing in return other than freed up cap space. A friggin' joke. Munch truly thought it would "Solve" the running game/issues. I have NEVER seen a team commit so much to the running game, and that D bag still pointed fingers. Anyway, Rant over. I think Warmack will be fine in time, and I don't hate the pick, but they could have done better. At least now we have bigger and better things to look forward to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar