check out the clubhouse I built for my son

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

pretty cool huh?

Inside room is 96"x48"x64"

Front deck has the same 8'x4' footprint.

6x6 posts are 48" in length each.

so those are some really deep holes.

The Roof is 8'x10'... I don't know what else to say other than I had alot of fun with this project.

oh yeah, I almost forgot!

Siding panels are LP SmartSide!

http://www.lpcorp.com/sidingtrim/lpsmartside/products/panel.aspx

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Looks good. Your own plan?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

100% all me... yeah, I just got a basic idea and went with it.

I did look at the internet for technique ideas... I never notched large posts like that before. I read about how that's done for deck construction, so I notched 1 1/2" by 5 1/2" out of two adjacent sides of each post, tied all four 6x6 post together with 2x6's. The left and right 2x6's caught those 4x4 posts. Heavy plywood was screwed to the floor joist on the inside while the outside was decked. I built the whole thing from visualization. Working as a sheet metal man for the past ten years made it kinda easy because I really hadn't much in the way of carpentry experience. The basic skills translated. It's all cut/measure, hammer/screw and thinking. It took me a while to get it. If I had a solid plan the entire time it would have come much easier.

one thing to note.. the whole project was done with 4 sheets of SmartSide. The front facade was done with drops from the rear, left and right walls. I thought that was kinda clever.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

you could probably fit all the jacksonville jaguars fans into that clubhouse

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It kind of reminds me of TB's Private Viewing room....
    :duckrun:

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

bout time you got off your a** and did something ;)

Seriously, looks good!

Man to be that age again....

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Cool stuff man,wish I had the ability to put something together like that. I'd end up burning it down out of frustration!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Nice start. What's the next step? Will you be wiring it for heat, A/C, TV, etc? I'll bet it's the most popular spot for the kids in the neighborhood.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

thats cool, how old is your son?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Paul is five years old and in kindergarten.

[​IMG]

this is us at the Vikings game September 28th.

[​IMG]

he's my buddy. He's gone to see the Titans in the 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 seasons.

I want to sit here and dig up various pictures of him at games over the years but i just don't feel like it. I've got a tea kettle on the stove and I'm gonna make iced tea instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar