Check out the Broncos SB rings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

dont be a fake fan, you wear that ring and be proud

2. JBC

JBC Starter

I think Super Bowl rings are Fugly. If I were a player on a Super bowl winning team, I would rather just have the cash they paid for the ring. I could buy what I wanted that way.

3. JCBRAVE

you dont think the earnings for playing the game itself are enough?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JBC

JBC Starter

Knew someone would bring that up. If they are going to give me a $20,000 ring, they could just keep the ring and give me the $20,000 in cash. Nice bonus for winning the Super Bowl. Sure beats an ugly ring that most players never wear. Just collects dust in their trophy case.

5. JCBRAVE

rings cost about twice that lol

so if youre a bottom of the barrel player that $35k matters, but how many SB rings are out there? Id want one if I played, even if I never wore it

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JBC

JBC Starter

Just making that as an example. i don't care how much they cost. $35,000 for something that is utterly useless just doesn't make sense to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

depends on what you'd do with that $20k. Invest it- sure. spend it? no way

8. JBC

JBC Starter

Depends on what the player spends it on. For instance, you can get a high end side by side for the price of one of those rings, and get a lot more fun out of it.
    Which sounds like a better time?
    Staring at a gaudy ring in a display case, or off roading in a side by side?
    I will take option B.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That ring is not likely to depreciate, probably even appreciate in value. Your side by side will lose half its value in the first 3 months you own it and steadily thereafter.

If experience is valuable to you, then there are a LOT of less expensive ways to obtain high quality life experiences.

10. JBC

JBC Starter

Was just pointing out that there are many ways to spend that money on things that will actually bring joy to someone.
    The ring may appreciate in value, but unless it belongs to a star player, it will never be worth more than what the scrap value of the gold and diamonds are worth.

There may be the occasional collector who may pay something for a ring, but getting a bonus for winning the big game gives the player the option to buy what he wants with it.

Never understood why athletes who play in such a violent, masculine sport get a piece of jewelry for winning the championship. Seems a little feminine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar