Cheap Wine Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PickledMidget, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Yellow Tail is to wine, what Fosters is to beer. Anyone who has met an Australian will know what that means.

Lindemans and Wolf Blass go alright.

2. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Ever tried Newcastle Brown Ale? It's a decent British Import. Pour yourself a "bottle of dog" and see for yourself.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

LOL ... I work for Fosters in the US. Lindemans and Wolf Blass are both made by Fosters. I thought most Aussis drank BV?

Not a big fan of the Blass ....

Lindemans is directly marketed as competition for Yellow Tail.

4. Carpy

Close. VB is very popular (particularly in southern states).

Wolf Blass wine I've drank over here has always been a direct import from the winery.

5. Blazing Arrow

some of the penfold is pretty good .... and the Chateau St. Jean.

How popular is sparkiling wine in AUS? I took this class on it the other day and the guy was an Aussi and said more people drink that then beer or wine. I was suprised.

6. reo

reo Starter

There's a sparkling white Moscato that's pretty good. Too bad its commonly refered to as "Bug Juice." Don't let the name fool you though. Its actually pretty good. Its kind of a sweeter white wine. Google: "Bug Juice" wine

7. Carpy

The guy was speaking out of his arse.

It is reasonably popular, but there is no way that more people drink sparkling wine than beer. Nor would I expect that it would be more popular than non-sparkling wine.

I went and found some stats to back this up.

Per Capita, Australia drinks 29 gallons of beer per year (good for 4th best in the world), 25 gallons of wine per year (21st best).

This info is a bit dated, but here is some data from 2002-2003.

"In 2002-03, Australians bought 402 million litres of wine. By category, this consisted of 202 million litres of white wine, 143 million litres of red wine, 32 million litres of sparkling wine, 21 million litres of fortified wine and 6 million litres of other wine"

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

oh yea. pretty good stuff.

9. Blazing Arrow

I might have miss heard him he had a thick accent and he was talking very fast. He went over how it is made and the different types styles. Sparkling Wine is basically champaigne but not made in that particular region BTW something new I had learned.

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Only true Champagne is made in France. I think it is considered sparkling wine if it is from anywhere else. I think it is pretty much the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar