Cheap, simple home music recording?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bobo, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

BTW...can I ask what program that was?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks a bunch avvie, you da man!!! :yes:

I forgot the name of that program....I think it was one of the bigger name ones. Shesh you'd think a guy that's been playing the guitar and other instruments for 21 years would have more musical knowledge :ha:

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe it's my computer ignorance, but I couldn't get those VST plug ins to work (the 1st two). Looks like I correctly added the "VST enabler" deal into Audacity to be able to add those two VST plug ins. If done correctly, they should show up at the bottom of my "effects" menu....but they aren't there.

Are you very computer savie avvie? hehe I think I can't spell savie....save'....savae....

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I have one that i haven't installed correctly either...maybe I'll get to it one day....

On my system, once the file is downloaded it is dragged to the VST folder.
    Here are the instructions from Audacity:

So, Audacity renders the plug-in, but not its GUI.

Double-check the procedure and try it again.

If Audacity isn't doing it for you, perhaps you should try Reaper. On my producer forum, there's several guys who are using Reaper instead of Cakewalk, unless it's serious paid production work.

Remember, Reaper is FREE. The $40 mentioned before is an honor system love gift. From what I've seen of the screen shots, it looks to be very similar to what you're already used to.

And in one of the shots, I see they're using the SimulAnalog JCM900 plug that you're having trouble with. :grrhee:

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Thanks avvie. I'll try it again tonight and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar