Chat recap: Ugoh under pressure?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Some snippets from the recent AFC South chat. Wish you were there.</p> <p><strong>Tim (Houston):</strong> Hi Paul, What are your thoughts on Frank Bush and the Texans playoff hopes next year? Thanks, Tim</p> <p><strong>Paul Kuharsky:</strong> I don't know him, I can't be critical. He's who Kubiak wanted the first time. But from the outside, you have to think new blood is what they need. Let's hope the new D-line coach has no family or Denver connection...</p> <p>And without some personnel, no one is going to do very well there...</p> <p><strong>ALAN(INDY):</strong> Colts need a DT(always do)WR(especially if Marvin is let go)O-Line(preferably one who can run block).With the low draft spot they have which need do yousee with the first pick(or do they just take the best player available)?</p> <p><strong>Paul Kuharsky:</strong> I think the kind of DTs that can work for them aren't necessarily first-day guys. I think Ugoh should be on the hot seat and that OT or WR may be priority....</p> <p><strong>Jared, Minot ND:</strong> If you could take one player to start a franchise from this weekends games who would it be?</p> <p><strong>Paul Kuharsky:</strong> Probably Big Ben, though he'd be instructed not to hold the ball so long so often...</p> <p><strong>Erik (Salt Lake City, UT):</strong> Now after 3 seasons can we finally say that VY winning the ROY was a mistake and just another QB loving media mishap?</p> <p><strong>Paul Kuharsky:</strong> That VY has busted since his rookie year doesn't wash away his rookie year. He was still pretty good that season and it was hard to make a better case for anyone else...</p> <p>The award does not come from the AP with a note that says you are obligated to be good going forward. It's for what you did, not what you are going to do...</p> <p>Read the whole chat <a href="http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24571" target="_blank">here</a>.</p> <p>Please.</p> <p>And join us Monday at 11 a.m. ET for part of a day long chat after we know the Super Bowl matchup. I'll post a link to that Monday morning.</p>

More...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.