Charlie Whitehurst agrees to terms with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Lol, NE has taken on so many malcontents and guys with questionable character over the years it's not even funny. Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Legarette Blount, Aquib Talib, Chad Johnson, the list goes on an on. This whole you have to be a high character team angle is such high school feel good BS. Yes the fans like high character guys but you know what they like more? Winning. Even these hated "thugs" become fan favorites when they perform well.

That's why I can't take most fans seriously. They're mostly a bunch of hypocrites with an ever-changing list of double standards for guys they like and guys they don't like. They'll cheer their little tits off for a guy when he is performing well but when his play slips all of a sudden he's Frank Lucas in American Gangster.Every single successful NFL team has 3 or 4 raging douchebags on it. They're there because they can help you win. They can't all be church mice.

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

Shoot, 3 or 4 your being very generous. A ton of nfl guys are aholes when it comes to getting pt and money. The guys that don't think they'll ever be the best or aren't currently one of the best will always just be role players. Some guys just know how to talk in the media and some don't. If peyton threw 40 ints in a season and his team went 3 and 13, then he got cut, he wouldn't play another down for under 18 mil and ppl out there wouldn't say a word. These guys are all dbags when it comes to the money and pt. Anybody thats ok with being on the bench is a b#### imo. Say what you want about guys that speak out. The people that sit there and complain about these guys are the ines that are provably really good at thier job but will wait half a liftime to move up in the world because they won't step up and speak their mind. Happens eveyday

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think the only outspoken athlete that I really dislike is Richard Sherman. It's not even that he's outspoken it's his absolute lack of humility. He's constantly arguing with people about being the best CB in the game and always out there proclaiming his own greatness. It sucks because I love how he plays and would like to be a fan and cheer him on but I just can't, the guy is just too big of a douche in my eyes.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I love Richard Sherman though...

I never said you had to necessarily need high character to play on a good team, but you can't be a guy who constantly complains and blames others on the team. And a team of high character is better than a team of a bunch of punks and terrible humans.

Most of those guys you listed actually wanted to win and don't complain if they don't get the ball or aren't on the field at all times... minus maybe Moss and Ocho, but they didn't last all that long with the Pats. And the difference in being mad about not getting the ball and blaming others for your lack of performance on the field is huge.

But if you look at Super Bowl winning teams their rosters are usually filled with better people than the losers of the league... yes, every team will have a few terrible people.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I like Sherman because he's not afraid to be different. He's passionate about the game, and he's a great guy off the field. He's smart and at least his answer wasn't the same typical "we just stuck together as a team and overcame adversity."

As a reporter I might just ask them to define adversity for me... because I really don't think some of the idiots who use that phrase even know what it means.

He won't start to suck ass, so I'm not too worried about that. If he ever does start to suck it wouldn't be until he's late into his career. This guy isn't all speed like CJ.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Typing on a phone is difficult. Kinda sad you had to go for the grammar call out though. Always a sign if desperation.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Let's also keep in mind that locker is hurt. Having a QB who knows the system in camp will help the rest of the offense practice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Clipboard Jesus.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

What is up with us and snagging QBs that used to play for the Seahawks?

Who knows, maybe we'll land Russell Wilson next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar