Charlie Weis for OC?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

First let me clarify, that this has nothing to do with me being a Notre Dame fan. I was absolutely thrilled when he was fired, even tried to convince my wife to name our first son Brian Kelly.. For all of his downfalls as a head coach, the guy knows how to coach offense. I know he went to Florida to be closer to his son, but an offer as a NFL OC with the freedom to run his offense without Haley's input would interest him I think. From the lists of coaches we can talk to, I would have to think his name would be at the top of it. Thoughts?

2. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

Just left Kansas City to take a the offensive coordinator position with Florida so I'd doubt he would instantly leave for this job.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

He left the Chiefs because of differences with Todd Haley. There were reports before he left for Florida that he would not be back with Kansas City next season.

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Jerry Gray just did it........why not Weis?

He's a pretty decent O-Coordinator, lot's of experience. Hmmmmm, really hadn't thought about him.

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I guess it would be a challenge to acquire him, but i'm all for it. He has an excellent resume and did wonders with the Chiefs last season, why not! I guess his name might be on the shortlist of candidates.

6. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

This would be a dream scenario, to me.

But you would think he could've gotten a NFL OC position this offseason, but he instead chose to take the UF position. I took it as a sign that Weis wants to be a college HC again, and that being a college OC instead of a NFL OC would help him do that better, since he'll have been in contact and developing relationships with recruits. NFL coaches would be behind and would have to play catchup in that regard, so staying in the NFL would be disadvantageous to his goal.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

That could be the case, but I think it's worth a call to find out.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

That is exactly what made met think about Weis. The list of NFL coaches we will have access to this late in the game is very slim, as we have seen in trying to interview Callahan and Tice.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Money paid by the NFL has a funny way of making coaches change their minds. :D

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'd like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar