Charles Davis has us selecting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Daves not here, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't be against a OLB who can go sideline to sideline how Bulluck once did. Witherspoon is too slow at this stage in his career, and it's cost us some plays already last season.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have more options inrds 2-4 on defense than we would at WR. Some very good DTs in rd 2 and 3.

There are no top caliber Wrs to take in rd 2 and we have been horrible with busts in 3-4. Unless Davis, Williams, Hawkins, Roby don't ring a bell and we can go back further than that.

We will lose Gage as a Fa no great loss to upgrade the unit by replacing Gare with Jones. :brow:

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree about Dareus taking plays off. I follow the tide and I'd be satisfied bringing AH back to fill the DT. I think AH and Dareus are similar from a character and work ethic standpoint. I'm suspicious however that we would get the same AH back now that Washburn is gone.

Having Julio would be interesting- it would definitely open up the middle having Julio and Britt on the field at the same time. My knock on Julio however, is that he has periods where his concentration lapses and he has a run of 3-4 drops.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

...which means he would be lucky to see the field.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah his main flaw is starting to think about what to do when he has the ball. Which is why he drops those easy ones but dang he has some great concentration on those crazy catches.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

WR's are nice. But, hardly our greatest need. Besides, why draft another WR when you don't have anyone to get them the ball.

Which is why you use the 1st Round Pick on a QB.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A QB? Please tell me who you're that impressed with at #8.

Gabbert is a project and not just like half a season but at least another year on top of that, Mallett can't handle the pressure (mentally and physically) especially with a blitz, Locker is probably my favorite of the bunch but not very impressive, Cam is another VY, and if I forgot someone oh well obviously not worth my time at 3 in the morning.

I would rather have Julio to make the life of our QB next year a bit easier.

Now if Ponder was there in the 3rd yeah sure and maybe if Locker dropped to the 2nd that wouldn't be too bad, but not at 8. There will be alot more talented players available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar