Chargers v Saints in London

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's a long way for SD to have to travel.
    This needs to be stopped...

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Oh my gay. I think i'l give that one a miss aswell.:irked:

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Really?

I'd be happy to see SD sent to Siberia on a one way ticket.

Apparently their fans lobbied for the team to go because it meant one less TV blackout for them.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's pretty lame for the NFL to take away a home game from the market that probably needs it most. I know that the Saints will be reimbursed for the lost revenue, but all the bars around the stadiums won't be.

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

at least we're not sending the dolphins, falcons, rams, or raiders over

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I'd only ever go to a game over here if Tennessee was involved. They can move the games to where ever they want til that happens.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A great idea.

They are promoting the game and i think it is a great idea. As far as that long flight too bad. These pampered athletes won't be flying coach they will be doing the same things on that plane that you do at home. Sleeping, watching DVDs and playing cards in between their steak and lobster. Poor babies.

I'm in agreement with childress about not caring if the chargers have any hardships.

8. Hoffa

Not fair to take a home game away from New Orleans, a city they're trying to revitilize. Lot's of loss revenue from people there trying to make it back. They all won't be compensated.

9. Hoffa

I have no love for the Chargers either, but that's not the point.

It's a 5500 mile one way flight for SD to get there, and I don't care if you're flying 1st class or not, spending 11,000 miles in the air over a weekend takes a toll on a person. In a league that tries to make everything even between the teams, it's putting an unfair disadvantage on just 2 teams every year. If one of those teams suffering lag the next week loses, and misses the playoffs by 1 game, then there is an issue.

Why do this when you couldn't give NFL Europa tickets away? They haven't earned a reqular season game.
    But if they're hell-bent on taking the game over seas, send east coast teams to Europe and west coast teams to Japan and southern teams to Mexico.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar