Chargers to release DL Luis Castillo

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Meh.

Pretty average player. I'll pass.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

But would he be better than bringing back Ball or Hayes? Morgan is the only DE we have on the roster at the moment.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Too injury prone.. I actually thought this guy was going to be special in this league.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I kind of like David Ball as a player for us not a starter but a guy to have on the team, I really don't want to see him go.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

If he's the same price as Ball or Hayes then yeah I'd prefer Castillo. Depends on his health.

I would hope we don't do much before Mario hits the market as I reckon we will make him an offer.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like Ball on the team as well. Seems like a good team guy.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes, but he'll be a lot more expensive than any of our lineman other than maybe Jason Jones.

He'd be an upgrade, but not a big enough upgrade to warrant the extra cash.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Dave Ball may be retiring, according to Munchak. He said his contract is up and Ball is going to decide what he wants to do and what's best for him because of the number of concussions he's had. It also sounds like Ball has a spot if he wants it, and Munchak said he thinks Ball will return, but officially, that situation is up in the air.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It strikes me that the Titans may be drafting a couple of DEs. Derrick Morgan is pretty much our only guy we are stuck with for sure. Ball, Hayes, Jones and Sheppard are no guarantees, though I think they'll try to work something reasonable with Jones.

Casey, Klug and Marks are the only DTs we have been able to quantify. Zach Clayton is still unknown, and Shaun Smith has to go.

No interest at all in Castillo. We'll draft our next DT in all likelihood. There's a lot of depth early in this draft for the Titans to pick their next starter, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar