Chargers RB Turner Signs Tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Chargers RB Michael Turner has signed his tender which now opens the door for a draft day trade. "Before a player can be traded he actually needs to be signed," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "With Turner he will need to sign a contract as a restricted free agent (with San Diego). But you cannot trade a player who’s not signed." The Titans are among the teams interest in Turner though his agent, Bus Cook, says the signing of the tender doesn't mean a trade is close. Reinfeldt says he's had discussions with Cook. "From a timing standpoint, I think something can be done if it all fell into place," Reinfeldt said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.
  2. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

alright step 1 to acquiring MT
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

step 1 for him to play this season.
  4. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I don't know if this is good...They needed to get a contract done. I don't want a 1year RB.
  5. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Doesn't mean that he doesn't have a deal in place with the Titans. You have to have a player under contract to trade him. He must sign his 1 year contract with the Chargers before they can trade him at all to the Titans to complete his new contract with them.
  6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

from my understanding even if we do trade for him we still have to sign him to a new contract in order for him to be able to play.
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

he signed his tender, he's playing next year whether we sign him to a long-term deal or not.
  8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No, the whole point of signing the tender is that he will be playing with us for at least one year. Obviously, we'll restructure for him.
  9. smili

smili Starter

My understanding -can't recall source - is that the Titans pretty much have a contract negotiated with Bus Cook and Michael Turner. If things worked out on draft day and the Chargers agreed to trade terms it could be done quickly.
  10. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

im excited i really like MT i think he can make a big impact this season and take some of the pressure off of the WR core
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.