Rumor Chargers interested in Mariota?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans1839, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Per Music City Miracles
    NFL Draft Rumors 2015: Could the Chargers trade up for Marcus Mariota? - Music City Miracles

Could the Chargers want to trade up for Mariota? Its an idea that I really like. First off, we would get Phillip Rivers. I have always hated Philip Rivers. I think he is an arrogant jerk. But, he wins football games. That's enough for me to like him. He had his best year under Whiz and we know Whiz would be on board with this idea immediately. His cap hit though it just under 18 million and only under contract this year. (If he somehow makes it to FA and Mett didn't do a lot for us this year, there is an easy fix for us) I still think we pull the trigger if able and hope we can extend him. It would obviously take more than just Rivers to move up to #2. I would think something along these lines

for

Phillip Rivers
    2nd Rounder
    4th Rounder
    2016 1st.

Id say deal!

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Really close! I'd say that, plus 5th and 6th rounder this year.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

17 is way further than Id like to see us picking, thats how you land another average player.

But if it nets us a QB Im all in..

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

2 1st rounders, other picks, AND Rivers?

Couldn't say no to that..

Doubt Chargers would give up that much for an unknown at QB.

And Rivers may be a 1 year rental if he doesn't like it here. His contract is almost up, right?

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

.. **** rivers

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Rivers looked like an MVP candidate the one year he worked with Whisenhunt. I'm all in, but we'd need way more than just Rivers to get me to pull the trigger. The most important thing to me in getting a trade is a future 1st round pick. Having 2, 1st rounders next year would be amazing.

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He only has one year left on his contract and taking on a ton of money for SD since Mariota would be taking a lot less next year. So for Mariota and salary dumb, its worth all that. If we can guarantee Rivers signs an extension maybe just Rivers and two first, but still not sure. At #17 we still have a chance at Parker or DGB. Also still go Orchard at #33 or trade back a bit and grab two more players. Its not a bad thought

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I would love this deal. The defense is looking good, and Rivers would make us instant contenders.

9. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

It doesn't make sense to put an old QB on a young rebuilding team. Old QBs should go to teams who are playoff contenders but need a QB. if we traded for Rivers we would just be coming into our prime when he would be on his last leg.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

The fact that these other teams are interested in trading up for Mariota should tell you that he's the real deal. We better not blow it by passing on the best QB prospect we've had since McNair.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar