Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chargers Caught With Stick'Em, Could Lose Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 21, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy Rookie

Bironas
    Moolah:
    $441
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-chargers-possible-illegal-stickum-substance-171138159--nfl.html

According to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, the National Football League is investigating the San Diego Chargers for possibly using an illegal "Stick 'em"-like substance during their 35-24 loss to the Denver Broncos last Monday night.
    "NFL Security has already begun investigation as SD equipment man was hiding illegal sticky substance and giving to players. Line judge saw it and had it confiscated and sent to Broncos and league", Glazer posted on Twitter.
    The equipment manager had the substance hidden in hand towels and the line judge (Jeff Bergman) noticed it during a timeout and made the equipment manager in question empty his pockets. The NFL takes issues of competitive advantages seriously and Glazer adds that sanctions by the NFL could range from a substantial fine to the possible forfeiture of draft picks, the latter of which may depend on how many individuals were involved in using or distributing the illegal substance.

"Stickum" has been outlawed by the National Football League since after the 1980 season. The substance is most closely associated with former Oakland Raiders cornerback Lester Hayes, who would slather the sticky substance on his arms and hands during games. Though it has been banned, players have continued to utilize similar substances, using anything at their disposal to gain a competitive advantage. Former NFL player, head coach and current ESPN analyst Herm Edwards said that, even after the ban, he would place a small amount of Stickum on the inside of his cleats to use at key moments during games.
  2. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    Maybe they could forfeit all their wins and make us 4-3..
  3. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $201
    Back when I played WR in HS, our field had several pine trees around it. I would always go over to the trees and break off a limb or some pine needles, rub them around on my gloves or hands during warmups so I could get some tree sap on them. The tree sap actually worked pretty well.
  4. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,999
    Cheat and still lose.

SD are pros.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $99
    **** you Rivers
    Titans Eternal and GoT high five this.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,585
    I want the win. If they cheated week-6, they cheated week-2.
    Titanup1982 and Obie09 high five this.
  7. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    Yup I agree. Our defense wouldn't have missed 67 tackles if it wasn't for that stickem:anon:
    TitanJeff, Parking Lot B and GoT high five this.
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,094
    Forfeit all their wins, fire Turner, and execute Rivers.
    JCBRAVE, Alzarius, GoT and 1 other person high five this.
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,971
    Has anyone seen the gloves these guys wear now? They come with that stuff on there! How anyone drops a ball with these gloves on is beyond me.
    JCBRAVE, Ten_Titans and Titanup1982 high five this.
  10. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    I knew there was something odd about Rosario's 3 TD catches.
    Sonic28 high fives this.