Character Remains a Key Issue in Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A potential draft pick's character has always been a key issue for the Tennessee Titans. "It has always been a key element for us," Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said. "We have never wavered from Day One. It's always been at the top of our list." This is why many eyebrows were raised when the Titans selected Pacman Jones last season. Despite doing their homework, Jones has been involved in a number of off-the-field incidents. "Character is an issue for us again (this year). The process is the same," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Obviously we are disappointed in Pac's choices, but at that point, based on the information that we had, we would have been unable to predict he would have made some of the choices that he made. But we are uncovering every stone as we usually do, and we are all going to hold ourselves accountable for trying to get as much information as we can."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

They have enough character issues for 10 drafts to deal with in Pacman. Given the crappy job the Titans have done in dealing with them I don't think they have the ability to handle another.

3. Come on, isn't Young like Pacman, gezzzzzzzus

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I really dont think that VY has as many character issues as Pacman. He hasnt had any run ins with the law. It was unacceptable for him to show up with the president in jeans but it was reported that he accidently left his suit in texas (with all that money their program has theycould have bought him a suit in DC tho.) Other than that, it does seem like he is blowing money he doesnt even have yet, but at 21-22 if you knew you had a guaranteed 15 mill at least wouldnt you have a lil fun with the money? You cant take it with u when you die:winker:

5. Whoops, did I say is, I meant isn't

6. i havent heard ANY charcter issues about my man Vince

7. smili

smili Starter

me neither. what off the field stuff should we be concerned with? With he, Lienert or Cutler if applicable.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

none that I know off with all 3 of them, except Cutler needs a haircut.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

most guys buy a house for their mom or a new car. lebron james bought a hummer while he was still in high school.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Character...???

Like not letting #9 workout at baptist? :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar