channel 5 reporting another arrest

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you don't have a contract, you don't have any job security.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Twoseven, if you'll look back, there were similar discussions when McNair and Tank had DUIs. Read those threads and you'll see the people in this forum didn't approve of their mistakes either, even though McNair was an MVP and Tank was a starter. Finnegan is just a seventh-round draft pick rookie who hasn't done diddlysquat for the Titans yet.

I would also ask this: If you worked for the Titans in some capacity, would you deserve to be fired for being accused of DUI? :brow:

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

The players are a little more in the media than the guy who wraps their ankles on game day so it has nothing to do with working for the Titans , its the players im talking about , Fisher said ZERO TOLERANCE and thats what it should be and im confident he will can this kid and should IMO. bottom line is if you get arrested you get cut no matter who you are , the post i wrote about Bulluck , Volek ........ was a joke , they should go too if they get arrested and convicted , buts thats the thing , most will buy their way out of it just like McNair did . I would rather have a team who the community can respect than have team full of jail birds even if it means we wouldnt be as good . But thats just my opinion . I also understand everyone elses point too and you can argue both sides all day long . all im saying is people get tired of turning on the t.v. and seeing a Titans mugshot , Fisher needs to stand behind his policy and show the rest of team he isnt playing .

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i just dont understand why football players should be infallible.

6. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

If a coach or manager draws a firm line in the sand about off the field conduct, I hope Vince or LD don't get in trouble. You guys...

7. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

gee i dont know , maybe cause they represent our team , state , community , the N.F.L. then they have the nerve to go to schools and tell our kids how to act , like pacman , i would have been one PO'd parent if he went to my kids school and gave my kids a speech . he's another one who will be in prison before it's all over with , you just wait and watch. thugs ! and the bad part is we have so many great people past and present on this team who are excellent role models. and people who arent from around here and the outside media throw all them in the same boat.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think it's pretty unrealistic to have the expectation of 1,696 guys never having a lapse in judgment during their pro careers.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

ever occured to you that they are just football players and they don't want to represent all the stuff you said.

As for Pacman being in jail, what do you base this on?

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

If Fisher meant that players would be fired for their first offense, I think he would have said that. I took what he said to mean that there will be punishment for wrongdoing and that the level of punishment will be commensurate with the number of infractions and their severity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar