Channel 2 News, Titans selling tickets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

1-5-09, Channel 2 News just did a story about something we all know about in Nashville. Titans fans selling their tickets to the opposing team. Anyone who didn't sell their tickets and actually went to the Steeler game can atest to this. Channel 2 went to Baltimores Craigslist to find countless ads for Titans/Baltimore tickets.
    I don't know how you all feel about this practice, but for what it's worth, I strongly oppose it. I can understand trading your tickets for a 2009 Ford F150, but I don't think that's whats being offered. I like the idea that Channel 2 did the story but I wish they could have posted a list of the names and addresses of the people who sold their tickets so that the Ravens fans could go to their houses and tailgate in their front yards. I do have a sick sense of humor.
    How does everyone else feel about this? Or do you have a better punishment!!!

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

did channel 2 do a story about all the ticket borkers who own PSLs and sell those seats too whoever throws the most money at them. The seats right behind me -like a group of 8 or something. Is almost always populated by opposing fans. Big chunk of visiting fans get their tickets that way.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There are fans in every city with a playoff game selling tickets...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they're the fans' tickets and they can do with them what they want, but it's really disappointing.

5. Not everyone who owns tickets is going to be a diehard. Ticket owners have the right to sell their tickets.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Titans fans that I know are spoiled and when I ask some of my friends if they're going, the usual response is, "If I get some free tickets."

With such a *die hard* attitude from the home fans that aren't already season ticket holders, it's not so hard to believe that opponents (Ravens this week) are the only people paying market value for tickets.

Also, if we were playing in Baltimore this weekend, there is a 100% chance that I'd be there. Without their fans selling tickets, how else would I, or any other Titans fan, get in?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm so sick of this gay topic. This is like round 3 of this crap... no offense to you fitantitans, you're a nice old man... you probably weren't reading the board when the topic was up... but for Pete's sake... it's not the fault of whoever sells... it's the fault of whoever doesn't buy... this is like Jesus telling the townspeople that whoever is without sin to cast the first stone...

fitantitans, you own seats as do I, and Jon, and Chris, and Steve, and Jeff, and Mike... we can all *****... but about who? Who do we ***** at? It's not the fault of those who own seats... It's up to the ticketless whores who get it for free on TV to come out to LP...

and besides, GoT is right... it's mostly brokers anyways. You can't fault a broker. It's not illegal here. We should thank them for subsidizing our weak *** red neck fan base.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm ok with it. Raven fans deserve to be there if they want to go. It's a game. And Titan fans ought to be able to rob Raven fans of their money and harass them on top of it. It's a god given right. That is just the right thing to do. And that's how I feel about that.

9. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

which is my case. i love the titans, but if i were closer to DC i could get skins tickets now, too. i sold half my regular season games (indy, GB, jets, browns) to help offset the cost of them altogether. i live 3 hours away and it's practically impossible to make it to 8-10 games a season

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Times are tough. Many of those who were hurting this year but had to buy season tickets because they'd lose their PSL are having to sell a few games to offset those expenses. Many others are simply looking to make a buck on an investment.

The PSL system has its advantages and its flaws. One "flaw" is that it creates demand because only those who own them can buy the tickets. That is closely followed by those who want to make money from that demand. Such is how our economy works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar