Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chance was a GREAT pick.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Feb 8, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,270
    I think most wanted Warford in the 2nd. But most predicted it would be Warmack/Cooper at #10.
    JCBRAVE and Fry high five this.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,184
    Yeah, I resigned myself to the fact that we were going with a guard at ten a few months before the draft, as stupid as it was.
  3. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $11,013
    Bingo. People understood that Warford was a 2nd round at the highest prospect and that if we took a guard in the 1st there's no way we would take one again later. If you look at most forum mocks from last year you'll see that damn near anyone who didn't have us taking Cooper or Warmack in the 1st had us taking Warford somewhere later. Warford was not some sleeper prospect that no one knew about we all just believed the professionals when they said Cooper/Warmack were once in a generation OG prospects.
  4. CalgaryTitansFan Starter

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,925
    2 years ago it was the 9ers and Ravens in the SB. 5 of the 10 starting OL men on the combined teams were 1st round picks. Just sayin'.......
    The Hammer high fives this.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,270
    Damn... Time must be going slow (or fast idk) for you.

That was a year ago.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,045
    Another reason I like the pick, Munch knowing it could easily have been his last year, went with a super safe position that can benefit the next coach easily. For whatever say Munch had in it anyway.

For everyone bashing Warmack, the guy was a rookie. Give him a chance. I really think at worst we have solid guy for a long time where it matters in the trenches.
    titantrusince82 and The Hammer high five this.
  6. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,445

There isn't any context there.
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,668

Well there's the difference. Most idiots had Cooper/Warmack rated as a 1st round pick with Warford rated as a 2nd or 3rd.

I stated over and over that it was the reverse. Warford was the best guard in the draft- easy call.

Warmack was just fat. Another easy call.
  8. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $11,013
    I understand your point but it can be pretty convincing when people "in the know" are absolutely positive that a guy is going to be a top 5 player at his position damn near immediately. It's very rare for so many people to come to such a definitive conclusion so when they do it can sway opinions quite a bit. Warford did play very well last year, Chance was ok, and Copper was out for the year. They all have plenty of years in their career left, let's not close the book on this one so quickly. For now the advantage is clearly Warford's but an NFL career is a marathon.
  9. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,668
    I think Cooper will be good.

Warmack I think is a pile of fat and no skill, though.

We'll see.
    HeadOnASwivel high fives this.