Chad Johnson is the new TO?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

well, i believe today is the Titans 8-year Superbowl anniversary... so maybe you mean the past 7 years?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they were a team before they came to tennessee...

3. reo

reo Starter

He was saying that we made the superbowl 8 years ago so us not having a big name wr hasn't been our problem the past 10 years... but maybe the last 7 since... the comment had nothing to do about being in TN.

And on CJ, I wouldn't mind having him at all. The things he's saying now aren't really like what TO did in Philly. TO talked about his QB, team and their staff if I remember right. CJ is just heavily hinting like half jokingly saying Parcells should call him and saying 89 (Steve Smith) + 85 = SuperBowl. I'm not sure if he's directly insulted anyone though.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh sure it has.

just because we were good enough to get to a super bowl without a stud wideout doesn't mean we wouldn't have been better. we were good enough in 99 and 00 with running george up the middle, throwing to wycheck on third down and mcnair running for first downs.

if moss was on that team instead of dyson we beat the rams.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I 100% agree. I dont know anyone who would dispute this point. But again, we all know that a receiver like Chad Johnson is not our style. I would love him on our team, but i am not going to get my hopes up.

Thanks Reo for clearing that up. Im glad somebody could understand the point of my last comment.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Does CJ have a crush on Tony Romo? Might be the deciding factor.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is an idiot..

He wants to leave a QB like palmer to play somewhere else? Dumb.

I don't want to throw water on anybody's excitement but i doubt if the titans are on his short list. I think new york is where he wants to go to play for the giants. Toomer is old, shockey might be going somewhere else so there is opportunity there..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again, why would a stud WR want to play here? So their yardage and TD numbers can decline 20%? A guy like CJ wants to be in the hall of fame someday; thinks he already belongs. He wants to go to a place where he can continue to get 1400 yards and 10 Tds every year and win.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's very true... to that I'll add, like Stallworth, he'd take less money to play in a more pass-oriented offense.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree that us signing Ocho Cinco seems very unlikely.

But even though we will probably never fully utilize a WRs ability in our offense, we still really need a true playmaker WR. Besides for the advantage of having a go-to guy, having a playmaker WR will open so many more things up. It will make the opposing defense, safeties and LBs, have to know and focus on where that WR is, which will open more scrambling opportunities for VY and maybe help take some of the focus off our running game which hopefully will help with our average YPC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar