Cedric Benson takes a stab at T. Ocho

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

3.4 yds per carry is something to be proud of? That's a turrible average, if CJ averaged that over a year people would say that we should not trade him, just cut him.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Anything below 4.0 is usually just plain awful. The fact that you would bring up a 3.4 average as something positive is just retarded. :lol: Any back that gets 350 carries better get 1200 yards or he'll be looking for a job outside of football

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

that's not necessarily true. If you are a bruiser, I think you get more leeway because you get the tough yards. But as an every down back, that isn't great.

For CJ it certainly wouldn't be great, because we know a 3.4 average means he got 10 carries for -1 yards a piece, and busted one loose for a TD.

But for a Lendale White type, who just sees short yardage, it's not bad.

Plus, the guy plays for the bengals.. who knows how he'd do on a team with a great O-line.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I usually don't buy into stats, because of the fact that if you put Chris Johnson on every team in the NFL, he is going to have different numbers on each team.

That being said, Benson right now has underachieved according to where he was drafted, but from what i've seen (stats aside) he looks really good AT TIMES. Just because he doesn't put up great numbers, doesn't mean he isn't a good RB. You are only as good as your OL.

Chris Johnson
    Adrian Peterson
    Maurice Jones Drew
    Steven Jackson
    Michael Turner

Those guys right there are clearly better than him, but I do throw him in there with the Frank Gore's, Ray Rice's, and the Rashard Mendenhall's of the NFL.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

That's true, but Lendale also isn't that great either :ha:. But yea there are some bruisers that can hover just below 4.0 and thats acceptable but I don't think thats necessarily the way the Bengals want him to produce.

6. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

3.4 being his worst year. I didn't say his best year. I think 3.4 being your worst in 6 years is really good.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh yeah, definitely a bust overall. not a terrible back, but wasn't worth a 3rd round pick in retrospect, much less a 1st.. but that's they way it works a lot of the time.

8. 4realz

4realz Camp Fodder

BINGO! You put Cedric behind the Giants line and he would go off. Most RB's would not get over 3.0 ypc behind the Cincy OL. They are one of the worst in the league.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Cincy is middle of the pack in Run Blocking for the O-Line. Titans are 31st. It's amazing that CJ has as many yards as he does with the 31st beset O-Line in the NFL. If he had the NYG line he would have 2000 yards again. Also there are many RB's in the NFL with worse o-lines or similiar o-lines with much better execution.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Add to this that Bratkowski's schemes and playcalling are pathetic. Benson rises above this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar