CBA to be ratified by July 21st?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

via ESPN - link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6756301

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The timeline they have laid out is cutting it close.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

NFL will really take a hit in interest and viewership if this thing drags on any longer. If they don't ink a deal within a week and limp into the preseason some spectators will be very disinclined to watch, spend money, EC. Ticket sales will suffer. Blackouts will follow. Ad revenues will decrease, the money pool will generally tighten... and now the players hard fought for 49% or whatever will be worth less than the smaller stake they previously had. The NFL brand could end up in the toilet if they don't watch it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Crazy long article, but looks like the lockout should end July 21st :)

Basically, to break it down only a few issues are still there, rookie scale being the biggest issue. I personally like proposal

"Under the NFL's proposal, the top pick's contract value would go from $78 million over six years to $34 million over five years with the ability to renegotiate after three years. The saved money would result in redistributed money to veteran players and retirees."

Draft picks shouldn't be receiving a zillion dollars, and then they turn out to be a bust like JaMarcus and the drafting team lose a ton of money.

Can't wait for the lockout to end, then transactions are going to be happening like crazy. July 21st the season begins, and by Aug. 2 the 90 man roster has to been completed... wow.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They are ALL greedy bass-turds in my book. I'm more interested in SEC football this year. I wish they would hurry up and ink the deal so I could sell my tix as a season package.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

I couldn't disagree more. No one cares about preseason.

As soon as free agency starts every one is going to start going crazy over it.

There hasn't been anything but the draft to keep people's interest during the off-season, but there is going to be an explosion of interest once everything starts happening because it's going to be fast-paced and borderline chaotic. Draft picks will have to be signed, free agents will be catered to and training camps will start all within two weeks. There will be something new happening every day for every team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm not so sure the NFL brand will take a hit. All the rest of what you said sounds good though. I think this is the main reason the lockout has gone on for this long, because the NFL knows fans will still line up no matter how annoying this process becomes.
    I believe this could be good for the NFL. It'll spark a lot of sudden interest that like you said; simply isn't there in preseason.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I actually enjoy the preseason because it's our first look at the rookies and new FA's we've signed. It's also one of the only times we get to see the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string teams.

Man, it will be pushing it for the teams to be ready for the Hall of Fame game on Aug 7th.

9. Fry

I don't think it will be good for the league, but I doubt this will hurt it at all.

Everything happening at once will bring back a large majority of the fans immediately and once the season starts it will probably be business as usual.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like it too, but the problem is that we don't get a great sense of how good we can be. Things are just different during preseason, so guys will show you stuff they wont even use come September. That's my biggest problem with preseason, that what you see is not what you'll be getting. A player can look amazing in preseason, but because he's not facing those same 2's & 3's in the regular season, he disappears. See Lavelle Hawkins last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar