CB in the First, or Possibly S -- Deal With It

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Okay, so I know a lot of people here are dreams of offensive guards dancing in their head's. You want that guard so bad you can taste it. You are setting yourself up for a big letdown. Forget what the team says before the draft. It is meaningless. Just like chatter around a poker table. You need to look at the actions of the FO.

We have gone hard after every position except CB. Despite big name CBs being available. We are going CB first unless all of a sudden we sign a starting caliber CB in FA before the draft. Then it is still possible. It is true we signed two S but both are old and on short term deals. Whereas the two OGs signed are still young. Particularly Levitre.

{UPDATE} Note that I am not saying this is what the Titans should do. This is a prediction. I have been somewhat successful in reading the FO of this franchise. In the past 20 years the only first round picks which I did not see coming were Keith Bullock and Michael Griffin.

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

We really need someone to put Verner back in his best role. As much as I want a for sure guard in the first I could see us take a corner in the first as well and then go with Warford in the second. Rhodes would come in and play day one. He may even take McCourty's spot by the end of the year. CB is a need of ours no matter how unlikely any of you are to admit it. The other reason I could see this happening is because we would be giving Williams his guy so we can play man and jam receivers at the line.

Our FO picking up all of this depth for the dline recently could be another sign that they are trying to justify the pick. One more starting corner would also make our D a more solid unit all around. You guys tell me. What do we do if McCourty or Verner gets hurt? Are you guys that confident in Sensabaugh or Campbell? Not me.​

3. The Hammer

I could possibly see DE as an outside shot. But it is not a huge priority when you consider the team will be Ayers a lot at DE or as a rush OLB in the 3-3-5 nickle.

As for those who say Rhodes and Trufant are not worth a top 10 pick. That is what many were saying about Marc Baron and Stephen Gilmore last year. Or Jake Locker the year before. Also, we have the 10th pick and do not pick again until 40th. You think the FO is sitting there on draft day saying "Well, this guy is not worth 10. He is a 20 at best so we had better take someone else."

It is not important for him to be worth a 10 pick. If that is what they want and they do not think he will be there at 40 they are taking him. Proved it two years ago with the Locker pick.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

There is no way in Titan hell we draft a safety at #10.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Which probably means we will.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Ideally, we trade back to pick up both of the Vikings pick, 23 & 25. We would have to throw in a 5 or 6 but its worth it. They want Tavon and they can at 10. This lets us pick Trufant, Carradine, and Wafford in the 2nd. Couldn't ask for anything better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

Yes, this is my prediction. Not what I think we should do.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I could see us taking Miliner or Rhodes at 10, but not a safety. We already have three guys who will be seeing a lot of starting time. CB is a different story though..

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

lol I hope not. I still really think we can get quality in the 2nd or 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

vacarro in the first baby!!! :banjump: he could play the slot position if nothing else his first year or if any of our safeties dont produce they could put him in their spot...im hoping for either vacarro or floyd still but can honestly say i have no damn clue what the titans are planning this draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar