CB in the draft worth 2nd-3rd round picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by FLTitansfan, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Ross or Irons either one is fine. I am a Auburn fan though and watch every game. His stats might not be the best but he is a great corner.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Jonathan Wade.

3. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I don't like Ross much from what I've seen. His 40 time also is slow (iirc)

I like Houston from Ark. and Wade from Tennessee could be a contributor that could be good value in 4th-5th (Im not exactly sure how high he is being projected)

I really like the Griffin Safety from Texas though. Is he a fit for FS? (I've read that he was a FS and switched to SS this year)

He would be a steal if he fell to the 2nd, IMO

4. Tull

Tull Starter

After watching some Senior Bowl practice this guy looks good, real physical and stays low out of his breaks. It would be nice to have a taller physical corner. They mention "character issues" anybody know the details?

Tanard Jackson
    Cornerback | Senior | Syracuse
    Height: 6-1 | Weight: 193 | 40-Time: 4.55

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...A physical presence and solid tackler who is not afraid to help support the run...Has good instincts...Quick with a burst to close...A smart player and fast learner...Can play either man-to-man or zone...Athletic with fluid hips and good footwork...Technically sound...Has lots of starting experience.

Weaknesses:
    Does not have very good hands or ball skills...Not much of a playmaker...Can be too aggressive at times...Timed speed is only average at best and he might have trouble in deep coverage...Has character questions that need to be looked into.

Notes:
    Was stabbed in the left side of his chest in 2004 during an altercation that he and his teammates were trying to break up...Was suspended for a short time in 2006 for "conduct detrimental to the team"...Has everything you look for except speed and while he may not be an exciting or flashy prospect he is just solid all-around.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Ross and TJackson are S only in this league............they wont go high.........mid two is likely unless a cover two team makes a run at either.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Houston will be a 1st rounder...

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Kiper has Ross as a late 1st pick now, he not only shut everyone down but he was the most physical CD at the Senior bowl.

Pending their combine workouts Blalock, Mike Griff and Ross will all be taken in mid to late 1st or very early 2nd.

Crowder was also stellar at the Senior bowl so he has also helped himself.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Brandon Merriwether has been dominant all week at FS, would we ignore his character questions and take a look at him in the 2nd?

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd rather take Notre Dame's S

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If Merriweather has great interviews I could easily see him going in round 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar