CB in round 2?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chalk this observation up to only a vibe but I would not be surprised to see the Titans go CB in the second round. Here's why...

Woolfolk is a question mark. Even if healthy, there is no guarantee the Titans want to invest longterm money into him after '06.

Gardner is likely gone unless something dramatic has happened since January that gets him to begin playing at a higher level.

Waddell shows flashes but hasn't been consistent enough so far.

Reynaldo is a seventh-round pick. Maybe last season wasn't a fluke and he'll continue to impress but how many seventh-round picks actually end up solid starters?

Then you have Pacman who isn't going anywhere but is certainly far from looking like a shutdown CB at this point.

With Beckham gone, you know the Titans will draft a CB at some point anyway. There is even a chance they bring in some experience for depth. But I am wondering if a CB may be the choice with the second pick.

Look at a number of mocks and there appears to be a lot of LB and CB talent towards the bottom of the first round. If someone slides, I can the Titans looking at CB. I don't think you can have too much talent there when your goal is to beat Manning.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Gunny's going to kill us for this, but yes I see it as a posibility, even if Hill does improve and becomes a solid starter, we're still not very deep at the position.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Kelly Jennings or Ashton Youboty would be nice additions. :))

4. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Ty Law still unsigned...*wink*

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's a few positions I think I'd rather see the pick go to, but there may be some pretty good guys there at 39. Now say if Jason Allen falls and we think he can stay healthy.... :brow:

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I would love to see us get Kelly Jennings or Youboty at the top of Rd 2. That would probably also resign (not re-sign) Woolfolk to transiioning to Safety.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

All religions have their non-believers to begin with, we will see what Reynaldo can do.

However TJ makes good points and although I see a CB being selected I don't think it will be in the 2nd round.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

stay away from youboty. he is way too inconsistent in my opinion. it's not even on a game by game basis. it's on a play by play basis.

if antonio cromartie(he wont be) was there, and d'qwell jackson had already been taken, i would take cromartie. but that's about it.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

But surely that can be "corrected" by coaching. If a player has the instincts and physical ability then aren't we paying a coaching staff to make them consistently perform to their potential? If I remember correctly that was the knock on Samari coming out of college too....

I don't believe in taking projects, but that is primarily guys who are more athlete than football players. If a guy can play, but just isn't consitently producing, then at some point you need to put faith in your coaches ability to turn him around.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Jason Allen sounded nice a month ago, but it's very unlikely he will fall nowadays. There are some other nice cornerbacks though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar