CB Depth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I've noticed over the past few weeks that we've taken some hits at DB. We were already really young behind the starters, now Mouton is out a couple of weeks, so we don't really know what we have. I saw yesterday that the Dolphins released Eric Green, the same Eric Green we brought in during the offseason to possibly upgrade our depth. Wondering if the Titans are taking a look at maybe bringing him in and letting him have a shot at being a possible player. Any thoughts??

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking they will watch the first round of cuts closely.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Green was signed by 49ers shortly after the Fishies released hi,

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, Faggins sounds like he could be a decent backup - but Mouton's injury hurts. The fact that the Titans want to aggressively treat a rookie CB's injury says a lot to me... they need more help. I'd be shocked if we don't start bringing guys in for a look.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Most teams have depth issues at CB which is why it is so critical one or more of these young guys steps up. Still, in our scheme we could move Griffin or Fuller over to a CB spot and not lose much if it came down to it. The key is if Finny goes down. He is the one guy who is capable of locking up his side and staying with a WR one on one.

I'm very interested in seeing how some of these young guys look in the next couple of pre-season games. The main issue is tackling as much as anything. Our defense demand the outside guys be able to tackle.

6. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

If we move griffin to corner again who steps in at safety? Having griff back there is nice because he's such a ballhawk.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Fuller would move to S. I wouldn't do it unless it was an emergency but we certainly don't want a CB out there who can't cover or tackle. Griffin could be an all-pro CB if he played there all the time IMO. Fuller could play S decently.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

i'd rather have Fuller at the other CB and keep Griff at safety. He still has the whole field to make plays, where as Fuller's been primarily the Nickel CB anyway, his role doesn't change that much.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If we can start Chris Carr, who sucks as a DB for a few games, then surely we can make it with Faggins or a rookie in a pinch if needed.

I loved Chris Carr as our returner though.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

After watching the game tonight I would say our depth is shallow. Davis playing nickel is a disaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar