Cavaliers Fire Mike Brown

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This has been debunked a million times. Did Jordan and Pippen win rings w/ Collins?

Did Shaq and Kobe win rings with Del Harris?

Both were 40 win teams until Phil showed up.

2. World Peace

The thing that's most valuable about Phil Jackson is his ability to control big headed ego driven athletes like Dennis Rodman, Shaq, Kobe and even Jordan.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Deuce Wayne my man, Phil Jackson is a phantasmagorical coach. The proof is in the pudding (12 rings[10 coaching 2 playing]). You're right about him in some ways, but part of being such a good coach is knowing when and when not to step in. When you have a Kobe/Jordan figure its important to allow them to lead the team. Basketball is different than football, because 1 man can take over a game. If Kobe is in his zone and that lower jaw comes out, back off and allow him to bedazzle the world.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol... That's your debunking? A rookie-3rd season Jordan didn't win a title with Collins?

Didn't they make the playoffs his rookie year? Didn't they make it his 2nd year? They were swept by one of the greatest teams of all time. They also made it his 3rd year.

So your "debunking" is that Phil Jackson took a 4th year Jordan 2 more rounds in the playoffs?

WELL! I stand corrected!! No way that was just Jordan getting better and better and the team meshing better year by year! Nooooo... never that.

Shaq was in the Finals without Phil Jackson. Where was Phil's team then? OH! That's right... getting bounced by the team that had Shaq. I wonder who was coaching them? I guess Brian Hill was a better coach than Jackson, since it's not SHAQ that makes the team. Right?

When Del Harris was coach the Lakers had made it to the conference finals just 1 season before he was fired. Let's ignore all the talent acquired shortly after- Gary Payton, Karl Malone, etc.

Thanks for proving my point though.

So Phil Jackson is a slightly better coach than Del Harris (what does he do these days?) and Doug Collins? Well WHOOPITY DOO!!! Oh, but he was outcoached by Brian Hill. lol

5. World Peace

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ADiZpOPRzFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ADiZpOPRzFo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is basically what you are doing. Del Harris or Doug Collins don't have the credentials to wipe Phil Jacksons Rear End. When they coach 10 championships and play in 2 then they can be mentioned in the same sentence as Phil.

Jordan was playing baseball when Phil lost to Shaq. You can not win a championship in the NBA as a one man team. LeBroom = perfect example. KD = perfect example. Kevin Garnett in Minnesota is a perfect example. Phil Jackson is merely the catalyst in the equation. Go look up play off statistics on Phil Jackson. Go look at game stats. Dude is unbeatable. Coaching is about making adjustments and he is the best adjustment maker in history.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jordan was back in time for the loss to Orlando.

And Phil didn't improve teams much more than what the crap-list Del Harris or Doug Collins did. That's the point. There was nothing to do but allow experience take over.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Lets put it this way Gloat. How many championships would LA have if Mike Dunleavy was your head coach the exact amount of time Phil Jackson has been with the team?

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

LOL at KD better than LeBron offensively. Apparently the only aspect of basketball you care about is scoring. I'm as big of a KD fan as the next guy, but he is pretty one dimensional on offense. I mean really, 2.8 apg to 30.1 ppg? Has there ever been a franchise changer with that kind of ratio playing a guard slot ?

Also, even if you think LeBron's FTA in the final 5 minutes is skewed, he still is far and away the most "clutch" player in the NBA. Take away 7 FTA to make him even with Kobe (even though we know LeBron shoots more FT than Kobe just by how he attacks the basket instead of shooting jumpers) and he still is beating Kobe by a huge margin. The facts don't lie man. I guess if you value the last .5 seconds of the game more than the previous 4:59.5, Kobe might just have LeBron beat.

p.s. I think you forgot about LeBron's 3 to win a playoff game last year...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can we stop talking about LeBron? He's more than ever losing my backing. In a month or so that is ALLLL we're going to be hearing about is LeBron. He's great when no one else cares, but come playoffs he's got a lot to learn.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So you want to open a thread entitled "Cavalier Fire Mike Brown" and rage when you see mention of LeBron? K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar