Cavaliers Fire Mike Brown

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Don't crown a guy that you don't even know if he'll perform on the big stage. We all saw what happened when we crowned LeBroom before he had his opportunity to choke. LeBrooms biggest shot in his career only accomplished one thing.... It prevented the Cavs from being swept in the series against the magic last year.

I dont question Phil Jackson's coaching method. Who am I to question Phil Jackson? Who are you guys to question Phil Jacksons Methods? When you are an NBA coach, the X's and O's aren't as important as controlling the egos and attitudes of your player. Maintaining a positive attitude and holding your players accountable and making adjustments at the right time is the science of an NBA coach. Most of these guys can make the shots from any spot on the court. Give me the Boston Celtics and I could coach those guys to a winning record.

When people talk about Rondo, I have to laugh a bit. I remember that guy playing HS basketball and while everyone thought he was good, we never thought he'd bring his playground style to the NBA (and it actually works). Would Rondo be as dominant without Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce? Could you see Rondo doing all this while playing on the Warriors? Maybe, but its all relative. You are only as good as your weakest link. That's the thing most NBA fans forget.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So you think the Bulls wouldn't have won those championships without Jackson? The Lakers with Kobe/Shaq wouldn't have won?

Keep in mind, the Lakers sucked just before getting Pau Gasol. Phil's "coaching" needed that talent.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who knows, IMO they wouldn't have won as many.

And yea the Lakers sucked before. You made a stupid trade getting Kwame Brown and giving up an up and coming Caron Butler and Andrew Bynum was still raw as hell. Had nothing to do with coaching, you didn't have talent.

4. Deuce Wayne

lol... It was the acquisition of Gasol. Without Shaq/Gasol/Kobe/Jordan Phil wouldn't have a single ring.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Phil Jackson made both teams better in my opinion. Coaching is also leadership. And Phil took over teams that had been managed, when both teams needed a leader rather than a manager. I don't like Phil Jackson, but I'm not dumb enough to pretend like he didn't win those titles too. Great players need great coaches. Plenty of examples. Olajuwon won with a coaching change, Wade, Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, and the list goes on an on. Phil Jackson was needed by both the Bulls and the Lakers. If Pau Gasol was so good why didn't he win a title before coming to LA? It was Phil Jackson who coached Pau Gasol to a title. Logic makes no sense there. Like I said, I hate Phil Jackson, but he's still a great coach like it or not.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well the guy needs talent to win. Unless the Timber Wolves win the championship next year no coach has ever coached a team totally void of talent to a championship. Would Popovich have a ring without Duncan? Clearly Rivers wouldn't have a ring without Garnett etc...

7. Deuce Wayne

But Popavich is an actual coach. He truly gets the most out of his team. He had Duncan... not a truly DOMINANT center, just a very good one. He's not the type that's going to get 30 a game like Shaq could have in the postseason.

And who else did he have but Duncan? A bunch of role players?... Popavich is the best coach in the NBA. Larry Brown second. And I hate both of them, but it's true.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

100% Disagree. Duncan is one of the best power forwards of all time. Besides he also had Parker and Manu. Nobody wins without talent so I don't know why you're faulting Jackson because he had talent and won, makes no sense to me.

9. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

This

Larry Brown is not the second best coach in the NBA. Jackson, Popovich, and Sloan are all better than Brown.

10. Deuce Wayne

Disagreed. Jackson never would have won a championship with the Pistons. Hell, his much more talented team got their arse kicked by them... further proof of his inability to coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar