Cavaliers Fire Mike Brown

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When you have no rebuttal... double face-palm.

It's cool. Watch basketball. You'll like it.

2. Deuce Wayne

Well, to his credit- Lebron averaged 31ppg in the same year KD is averaging 30.

But the difference is - Lebron had no jumper. He still doesn't, so all his points come from drives/dunks/freethrows.

So here in about... 5 years, while he still can't shoot but his body slows down much like all other athletes do- how is he going to be effective? Without that freak athleticism... Lebron really has nothing to his game.

KD has the most fluid jumper in the game. Even better than Kobe's- and Kobe's jumper is amazing.

Here in 5 years people will have figured Lebron out. In 5 years Kevin Durant will be able to do anything he wants.

... of course only if he stays healthy. And with his wirey frame, that kind of worries me.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You constructed an entire argument based on fallacy. The facts could slap you in the face, and you wouldn't know what hit ya.

4. Deuce Wayne

They could, if we weren't speaking about expectations... which are opinions. However, it is fact that many analysts have said he's the best scoring weapon they've ever seen.

I guess you know something everyone else doesn't though. Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, right? Because those guys were AUTO-MATIC from anywhere on the floor. lol

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Let me know when the Kevin Durant CircJerk Reach Around Infallible Love Train has left the station so the rest of us can get back to watching real basketball.

6. Deuce Wayne

The funny thing is - it hasn't started. Somehow this guy's greatness has flown under the radar, and you're the perfect evidence of that. Had he been hyped on the LJSPN network, you'd probably give it up for the guy.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let me jump in and add that Kevin Durant is a top 5 player.

Kobe
    LeBron
    Kevin Durant
    D. Wade
    Rondo

Those names can be shuffled around after Kobe.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Rondo over Howard, Williams, Paul, Nash, and Duncan? Don't think so.

It's funny to me how Gloat, an LA fan doesn't think Phil Jackson can coach. He's likely the only person in America who thinks that. 10 championships, he must be doing something right. Yea he's had great players but Barkley, Ewing, Miller, and thus far LeBron have no rings so just having great players doesn't get you a ring.

But I do agree, Durant could be the best player in the NBA as early as next year. BUT he'll have to do it in the playoffs.

9. Deuce Wayne

Phil Jackson admits that he doesn't even coach defense. And if you watch Laker games as a Laker fan for all these years - you realize the guy doesn't gameplan at all. He just simply lets his best players do whatever they want and hopes they pull it out for him. He also can't figure out how to break the zone... as he's shown for years.

There's no discipline on a Phil Jackson coached team. If Kobe isn't in the game, they have no idea what to do on offense.

The guy is the most overrated coach of all time. He sits there in a suit with the most talented teams of all time... and gets credit for them winning. I wish I could count the time he needs to call a TO and doesn't because of his "zen" BS and digs the team in a hole.

He's a great press conference guy. A great whistler (all he does on the sidelines)... but he doesn't coach. He's never coached. He's never had to. And when he needed to... he failed to do it. (see Celtics in 2008)...

This article sums it up best:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/88297-phil-jackson-the-most-overrated-coach-in-history

And the polls everywhere say that the majority of people think Phil Jackson is extremely overrated.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If all it takes is a talented team and no real coach to win a championship then a lot more teams would have championships because there's a lot of talented teams that didn't win a championship. So what if he has talented players, you have to be able to manage those egos too. 10, maybe 11 championships, 3 finals appearance in a row, but he's overrated, he doesn't know how to coach. I'm not saying he's the best coach in the NBA right now but he is a top 5 if not top 3.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/178443-lakers-phil-jackson-overrated-or-unappreciated

And so what if polls show people think Jackson is overrated? A lot of polls show people think Derek Jeter is overrated but he's got 5 rings, when someone is very successful at what they do everyone tries to find a flaw and say "well he's overrated." At the end of the day the championships speak for themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar