Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Cavaliers Fire Mike Brown

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RavensShallBurn, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,013
    I'd be all over the Nets plans if I'm a LeBron James. Through the Nets LeBron has the keys to the universe. Go to Chicago and it's Michael Jordan comparison all day, go to Clippers and same thing with Kobe. Those are the top choices until he listens to the Nets. They're willing to do what ever to win, spend the money, and it's Brooklyn. Sacrifice the $20M and make it back using Jay-Z and NYC. Less pressure than being in the Knicks spotlight, and more fun.
  2. jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Moolah:
    $77
    I'd Love if the Bulls could get Phil Jackson and King James!

I'd be happy with just King James as a Bull, him and Rose would be a nice duo. Jordan got me into basketball and i became a huge Bulls Fans, still am but they taking way to long to rebound from the 90's.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    Phil Jackson doesn't want to coach the Bulls.

As a Laker fan, I wish he would. The guy sucks and hasn't actually "coached" a day of his career.

Watch the zone D kill him with the crappy Suns for an example. He's a figure-head. Nothing more. Without Kobe, Jordan or Shaq he would have never been anything.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,393
  4. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I think you can come out of the shadows to carve a legacy, but not many can do it. How many players actually did it. followed a superstar, and came out of the shadows to win their own title...

Steve Young - Joe Montana
    Jimmy Johnson - Tom Landry

I think you could count the Lakers and Yankees here too. As Kobe really carved out a legacy equal to Magic Johnson. and Shaq over Kareem. although there is a gap between stars, I think that was still a great accomplishment to carve something out in the same city.

Lebron would be given his due, but he's always be a second fiddle. I think if he win a championship for the Bronx he'd be a legend in NY. That would be huge. He wins in Chicago, cool, but not as big. There is a big relativity factor involved in his city of choice. I would go for the Bronx myself.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I believe that the firing was justified. The NBA playoffs is about making adjustments from one night to the next. I honestly believe it. and the Cavaliers have not done well in this regard. Any team that thinks they can play their own brand of ball I think are kidding themselves. It sounds good, but in my lifetime, the coaches who make adjustments are those that win. And the Cavaliers have not made the best adjustments. One year they did play booby and that really worked, but what other adjustments have they really made. The Rockets were really struggling as Derek Harper "big Bird" shut Kenny Smith down in the finals, but the rockets quickly swithced up to Sam Cassell and Carl Herrera to counter the knicks style. You've really got make adjustments with players, styles, momentum, defense, and the whole deal from one game to the next. it may not work out. but the Cavs had to make a change.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    Hopefully Phil Jackson goes to New York.

Tired of Phil's zero-defense coaching style in LA and his inability to motivate players not named Kobe Bryant.
  7. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    Karl Malone, Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, George Gervin, Charles Barkley and Pete Maravich would like to have a word with you. In addition to the other 50-100 elite players that never won a ring. Most of these guys played the majority of their careers on a small market teams.
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $216,013
    Phil Jackson coming back to the East, I'd like that.
  9. Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.