Cat Bite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So anyone been bitten by a cat, and should I really see a doctor for it?

There's been a nice stray cat coming around for about 6 months now. Extremely friendly, but not de-clawed or neutered. He's got some rival stray that comes around and they fight sometimes. Yesterday I heard him start going crazy, so I went out to put an end to it. The other cat must've already ran away, so I picked up my nice stray and he CHOMPED on my hand :ha:

Have a nice inch long bite mark on the palm of my hand and it looked/felt like a deep puncture bite. I washed it out with warm water, used hydrogen peroxide, neosporin, and bandaged it.

I usually don't like going to doctors at all, but especially for small things. I guess I know the answer, that I should probably have one look at it, and I definitely need to take the cat in to get checkups/shots.

I guess the internet is just making me paranoid about cat bites. I didn't even know "cat scratch fever" was a real disease! :irked:

Anyone else ever had a deep bite from a cat, and live to tell about it? :lol: Or have zero or serious consequences from it?

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

not trying to scare you, but I think you can also catch rabies from cats.. less common I think, but I remember reading somewhere that its possible to get it from animals other than dogs.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Plus he could have been licking his nuts before biting you.. and you don't know how many other cats have also licked his nuts.. and how many other cats have licked the nuts of the cats who have licked the nuts of the cat that bit you..

Next thing you know, you'll be crouching trying to lick your nuts.

Just messing with you with this post.. I'm sure you're OK. Just go get checked and take the necessary precautions for your peace of mind. ;)

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Cats have pretty dirty mouths. I would keep an eye on it is you really want to avoid the Dr. but it would be smart to get it checked out if it really got you. Especially a stray.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:ha:
    excellent

Moot point, as I have no doubt there isn't a man on earth that hasn't attempted that once in his life anyway.

Why do cats and dogs lick themselves?
    Because they CAN!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alex1939

My mouth did seem foamy this morning...

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

When did you last have a tetanus shot?:moon2:

I'd get it checked out just to be safe.
    :yes:

8. Alex1939

Thanks for all the comments, some good funny ones. I haven't even been to a doctor in 8 years with the exception of strep throat a couple years ago, which was just a quick visit. My hand looks fine but just feels bruised. But I'll probably bite the bullet and just go, need to take the cat to the vet anyway.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Have you decide to adopt him then?

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Dude.. its kinda strange you take strays to the vet..

Thats like finding a kid walking around your neighborhood and taking him for a complete checkup..

Or sneaking up on the paperboy, and dragging him of his bike and taking him to the dentist.

But its nice of you tho.
    If i was homeless, I'd be hanging around your neighborhood. I'd bite you if that's what it took to get your attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar