Carson Palmer's injury potentially 'career ending'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...005/01/12/bc.fbn.palmer.surgery.ap/index.html

"On a scale of 1 to 3, it was a 4," he said. "It was off the chart. It was pretty badly damaged -- shredded is the better term."

Carson Palmer's knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," but his surgeon said Thursday that he is optimistic the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback can recover and play next season.

( :stars: )

"It's not just like it was a torn ACL," Paulos said Thursday, in a phone interview from Houston. "It's a magnitude more difficult to recover from and repair. It can and has ended careers, without a doubt.
  2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

oh ****! IH MY GOD I HOPE NOT! I REALLY LIKE THIS KID, AND HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS AND THE POTENTIAL TO BE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL IN THIS LEAGUE! PLEASE GOD, PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE THE END FOR CARSON, NOT LIKE THIIIIIIIIS, NOT THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!:sad2: :sad2:
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

His doc has since said Palmer may be ready by training camp.
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

lucky for him he's not a skill player.
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

Good thing he is a QB.
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yes, his doctor said that... right after the call from the coach or GM... telling him to shut up...
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

8. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

I think Palmer has a lot of work ahead of him. I have blown both of my knees out (ACL, MCL, and i shreeded the menicus in my right knee). Granted im only 27 and they do not bother me much now im sure they will before long. Has anyone heard what in his knee was "shredded"? With it being January and the season starting in Setember that would give him only 7 months to rehab. I personally will go out on a limb and say he might not be back until week 5 or 6.Although there is 1 good thing in this, at least he didnt get the dreaded PCL.
  9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

ACL was considered "shredded." The balancing one. Bad, very bad. Glad they're being optimistic, but ooooh. I'll be holding my breath when I watch him play. Hope he doesn't have the Grossman luck.
  10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why's that ? Rex is playing in Round 2 of the Playoffs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.