Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

No no no no no. No.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Let's pass on Palmer since we have great options in KFC, Simms, and Smith!!!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

KFC is not on the team right now either. He needs a new contract.

Not sure what is wrong with being a little more discriminating than a guy who is at best average and over 30. We are probably not going to use our first pick on a QB so that means bringing VY back, Mcnabb, Kolb or Orton.

To me Kolb and Orton are clearly the best options if we want a guy for more than one year and the price for Orton might be a little less.

Orton seems far and away our best option if we can get him for a 3rd and maybe a latter pick to be named from 2012.

4. xBrah

xBrah Hope we get a new SS

Why is everyone harping about him being over 30 years old. He's not a skill position player who's running around all over the place getting hit. I mean Orton has to be like 28 or something. Have to believe Carson Palmer is the best QB available, then Orton, I suppose McNabb, then like Flynn/Kolb/etc.

I'm one of the guys that doesn't want a 2011 draftee at QB either and would rather have Luck/Barkley/Jones/Foles next year (haven't seen a whole lot of Foles but I guess he's supposed to be towards the top of the class as well).

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are right a 31 year old QB is not that old especially if your window of need might only be 3 years. If we got Palmer that is what we would be doing getting a QB for about 3 years so in the meantime we can bring a younger guy along and would have 3 drafts to get the right player.

Still this is a guy who almost seems to be in decline even at that young age. Maybe he just needs a chance to get away from Ochocinco and Marvin Lewis and the whole situation there.

I would not be too upset if we got him especially if the Bengals just released him.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

((((Fair warning to all posters.))))

If duece Wayne gives your post a high five you might want to change your methodology. Problem is most posters here have no methodology they just poop out whatever comes to mind.

Case in point Orton vs Gradkowski. What a joke that anybody would think Gradkowski is better.

Career passing rating:
    Orton 80
    gradkowski 66

Record in games started..
    Orton 32-29
    Gradkowski 5-11

TD to int
    Orton 71-48
    Gradkowski 20-23

So how then is Gradkowski better?

Again fair warning. Duece is the guy who said that Earl Thomas and Carlos Dunlap would be busts and he once said that Mendenhall was too slow and stiff. He also bashed Ray Rice. Want to hire him as your personnel guy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

FYI Carson Palmer contract..

2011-$11.5M
    2012-$11.5M
    2013-$13m

Those are some hefty salaries for a guy who has done little the last few years.

Orton would require just 2/3 that much.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

carson palmer is better than any other QB we will have on the roster next season.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Palmer is not the option. I follow the Bengals some and he was a weak point on that team and has been for years. The only reason he's still the QB is because he can do no wrong in Cincy.

I'm telling you, you don't want the guy here. I'd take Orton, McNabb, and a few others before Palmer. The guy loses games. His stats can be decent to good at times but he's the complete opposite of clutch

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

He plays Fisherball to a T. He's a better "game manager" than KFC would ever be. With palmer, we are an 8 win team.. Without him, we are no better than 4 wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar