Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Given Palmer's salary $11.5M we might be able to get him for a 3rd and a conditional pick for 2012.

The Bengals would then look to draft a QB with their first pick.

I can't imagine that they would want to keep a guy who just does not want to play with them and they have not been winning with him anyway. Their defense has not been bad at all the last 3 years but they have little to show for it in terms of wins.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I really wouldn't understand them forcing his retirement instead of at least getting some type of draft pick compensation.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If it was any other position I could see it happening but QB?

Unlike Haynesworth, you can't play without a QB. If its some personal vendetta though I could see the owner forcing him into retirement.

The Bengals organization used to love Palmer. I'm betting he got pissed by all of the antics of Chad and then T.O.

Either way, I still wouldn't want him on our team. He just isn't clutch. When he's in tight games he just seems to always lose.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's outright bull. Palmer has engineered many clutch winning drives against the AFCN' toughest teams (Pitt, Balt). Remind of the last time The Titans were able to beat either with VY at the helm.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Go ask Bengals fans what they think of Palmer. I've got family ties there, ties to their team, and most of my friends are Bengals fans.

This has nothing to do with some pro VY thing. THis is me wanting the best for the Titans.

Kolb would be a much better option

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Why would I need to ask Bengals fans? I am one - been one since the days of the lettered helmets. I'm from Cincinnati and still have family in Cincy who are friends with ownership (ugh). I know that team as well as any Bengals fan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Let me guess, they all love Ocho Cinco and hate Palmer right?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pretty much.. Ocho has the keys to the city. :p

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I'm pretty sure this has been asked at some point in this thread or another thread... but what has Kolb shown to get everyone so riled up? The Eagles were asking for a 1st round pick earlier in the year... which is mind blowing.

Sweet numbers in the NFL so far... playing with one of the best offenses in the league...

TD–INT 11–14
    Passing yards 2,082
    QB Rating 73.2

Note: I think Palmer is the Titans' best option for a vet QB right now, followed pretty distantly by McNabb.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If we could get Palmer for our high 3rd, that would be fantastic! Maybe offer them a 5th next year as well... This way we would not have to draft a QB high, we could wait until next season and target say Barkely and develop him behind Palmer. Trade out of 8 and pick up an additional 2 and maybe a later round pick and shore up the defense! Sounds like a plan, make it happen Munch :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar