Cardinals @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Safety Robert Johnson got his second straight preseason start on Thursday in place of Jordan Babineaux and finished with three tackles.

Johnson made one costly mistake, allowing Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald to get behind him for a 53-yard completion late in the first half. Arizona would score a touchdown five plays later, cutting Tennessee’s lead to 17-10.

“I lost track of the ball,” Johnson said. “I don’t give up long passes and I gave it up. I was disappointed, but (Jason McCourty and Michael Griffin) talked to me on the sideline and said, ‘It’s one play, let it go.’ It was just a first-year player in that situation making a mistake, but it’s not going to happen again.”

Johnson played well into the second half and nearly came down with an interception on the last play of the third quarter.

“It felt good overall. I’m starting to slow the game down in my head,” he said. “I know the defense and I’m even starting to know the offense now. We did a scouting report on the Cardinals, so some of their formations and stuff, I knew it when I was out there and it felt good.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

this is great... we're getting on espn and stuff because locker is playing.. FINALLY some popularity

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but we had a nice crowd tonight. Especially when compared to other pre season games. I know it was a primetime game and everything but still nice to show support during the pre season.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This might make cuts a little easier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is what preseason is for, making mistakes and learning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

For sure. I had to eat money for tonight's ticket and work, but had a friend who had never been to a Titans game before, totally an SEC dude, who caught Titan fever after just a preseason game, tonight.
    This defense has such a bright future I almost had tears in my eyes. This is what a Titans team is supposed to look like.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Offensive linemen are definitely allowed to catch deflected balls and advance them up the field. I don't know where you got the idea that they have to bat them into the ground. I've never heard that. They sometimes do, in order to prevent catching the ball deep in the backfield and taking a loss on the play (it's better to have an incomplete pass). But, they are definitely allowed to catch deflected passes and run with the ball.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I noticed Campbell is awful at CB.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Because it is still a pass and offensive linemen are still ineligible receivers. Can you show me the rule that says offensive lineman can catch passes in certain situations? I'd really just like to know more about this. Years ago, I remember watching the Titans get penalized (illegal touching) because our guard (can't remember who) caught a batted pass.

Edit:
    Found the rule myself:

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yep, that's the one. Any deflected pass is fair game for every player on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar