Cardinals @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:yes:

The starters are expected to play into the second quarter. Quarterback Vince Young will start, followed by Kerry Collins, Chris Simms and Rusty Smith. Running back Chris Johnson should get more carries than he did last week (five). Rookie Damian Williams will make his preseason debut and handle returns along with rookie Marc Mariani.

Injuries: Defensive end William Hayes (knee), defensive tackle Tony Brown (knee), linebacker David Thornton (shoulder), cornerback Cortland Finnegan (groin) and receiver Justin Gage (thumb) are out. Defensive end Derrick Morgan (calf) is not expected to play. Defensive end Jacob Ford (leg), defensive tackle Jason Jones (soreness), and cornerbacks Tye Hill (hamstring) and Ryan Mouton (groin) are questionable.

2. TitanJeff

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Does anyone know if wifi is available in the stadium?

4. TitanJeff

Things I'll be watching for tonight:

1. Consistency by Vince Young. I don't buy into him not throwing that INT if it was a "real" game. He needs to play every snap tonight like it's a "real game" by making good decisions with all his opportunities.

2. Productive WR depth. I'm feeling pretty good about Washington and Gage. Britt needs to be more consistent but I think he'll get there with more reps. What I want to see is Hawkins beginning to produce and Edison making a move. We should get to see Damian Williams at some point tonight.

3. Cook making a play. He's stepped it up in camp but he needs to show he's a weapon on Sundays. I'm hoping Dinger works up something for Cook that gives him an opportunity to make a play.

4. Pressure. I don't expect to see much scheme from Cecil tonight so any pressure generated will be because a Titans lineman beats his man. I'd like to see Babin spend some time in the Cards backfield and some pressure generated up the middle. The DL is short with Hayes, Brown, and Morgan out with Ford and Jones questionable. Marks and Haye have an opportunity to prove their improved camp play will translate to a real game.

5. Corner play. This is probably the biggest area to watch tonight. Everyone is excited to see Verner get the start but McCourty having a solid game is more important. Mouton has to have a better game this week and Tye Hill needs to show he's legitimate depth.

6. Special teams. We'll get to see Damian Williams making returns along with Mariani. It would be nice to see one or both show potential to become the return threat the Titans haven't had since Carr.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanJeff

None I know of.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

Anyone know where I can find the Cards' injury report? Ours makes me nervous.

Finnegan, Thornton... and basically our entire DLine out. :sad2:

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Darnell Dockett is a good player who knows whats up. Cardinals are going home losers after tonight's game.

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I'm looking for:
    1. Simms to do nothing so they can cut him and be done with it.
    2. Hawk to show he can progress from the practice field to the game.
    3. D. Williams to give a spark of life to special teams. (Last year was a complete embarrasment, and I still blame Fisher because you could see it coming in training camp/ you could see it in preseason/ you could see it in those early games, and yet he stubbornly refused to fully address it.)
    4. AV to heat up the competition for corner. I'm still waiting to see who really 'wants' this position.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Are the starters supposed to play any more tonight than they did last game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar